Very Large Album will not load [Resolved Build 223]

Can’t help you but can just say that I own much bigger boxes which open correctly, albeit dead slowly even on a SkullCanyon NUC.

So there’s something a bit more specific going wrong here.

Since I loaded the last verion onto my remotes, problem solved. Interestingly, right before i did that, the problem cropped up on a 2 disk album, so it was no longer an issue of size (as Ludwig suggested). Anyway, I see a few bugs, but all are minor.

Sounds like you where having the same issue as I have had:

I have the same problem with all my remotes, Ipad, Iphone,Imac, android tablet since I upgraded from Roon server to Roon core.
It makes Roon as good as unusable, I see nowhere a response from Roon.
I am thinking about going back to LMS and quitting Roon.

I have no problems with this with OS X and Windows and iOS remotes. My largest box set in Roon is 160 discs.

I suspect you simply have a gross performance problem, but let’s flag @support and see what they say.

1 Like

@Mike_Agsteribbe – can you give us some more details here?

What albums are you having this issue with? Can you give us the details of your setup, as described here?

The problem arises with albums which contain 2 or more disks, f.i. The Matthew passion.
I am using Vortexbox with a built in HD of 2 TB.
As a remote I use an iPad with the latest Roon version which controls Roon 1.3. There are about 34000 tracks. The memory for photos and artwork is set to 512MB

@support -Problem is back for me, but quite intermittent. If I close the app and reopen it, sometimes it will load the album OK. That seems to exonerate the database. If I had to guess, I would say something nasty is happening in the connection between controller app and the core when loading info about multiple disc albums into the app. When it happens, other things seem to look different in the app, for example, going to the overview page I no longer see what is new in my library. It seems to be a good idea at these times to close the app and reload it.

I have been trying to merge disks that belong in multi-disk albums, and in that context, when this problem occurs the merge disk screen opens but no disks or tracks show. I am looking forward to this getting fixed.

OK so I have another observation. I had said it was intermittent. it is a problem all the time on my ipad. It is only on the Mac that it is intermittent. This morning I went to play a disk from the Bach Cantata album and absolutely could not open the album on the ipad. I closed and reopened the app several times, even going so far as to restart the ipad. On the Mac it opened first time. On the other hand I ahd sen the problem before on the Mac. I just figured every added observation would help. @support do let us know if you have managed to reproduce this bug in house. If so, I can stop posting these added observations.

We tentatively believe we have a set of steps that reproduce this issue – we’re confirming and testing now, and will update everyone as the ticket is opened and sent over to the developers to fix.

Thanks for all the details guys!

Thanks very much for this. As a new Roon user, I started to organize my classical sets and ran into this problem quickly (with a 15 disc Angela Hewitt compilation), failing on iPhone, iPad, and Surface. Looking forward to the fix.

Nathan

I am suddenly having the same issue with connections to core (on ST-AP) from multiple iOS devices when playing sets with multiple discs. Music played, but devices repeatedly lose connection, “error loading saved page” message, attempt to reestablish, getting 'initializing" message from core. Restart core solves the problem but only temporarily.

1 Like

This item seems to be closed by support, but is not solved at all!
Albums containing 2 or more disks do not load and keep the Roon logo spinning until a complete reset is done.
This bug should be solved asap because it restricts the usability of Roon for my library.

It doesn’t say “Closed” in the thread title, and nor have the Roon team released a fix yet.

Patience.

All (@Alan_Spool / @Mike_Agsteribbe / @wkimbel87) — Checking in to see how things are holding up after the last update(s). Has the experience been the same or improved?

Looking forward to your feedback!
-Eric

It works again, loading of large albums is no problem anymore. Thanx for the solution of this problem.

1 Like

Thanks and yes, it is also working for me. Well done!

I did notice that in my Overview my unplayed new music lost their “new” banners. No biggie, just noticed this.

1 Like

Hi Eric–Yes, the issue seems to have largely been solved with the latest iOS update. Thanks for the quick work and follow up! Bill

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Issues accessing a 48 disk album