Very poor experience

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MAC

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Verizon 5G Modem 1 Gig connection

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NOde2i

Description Of Issue

Very bad services and experience so far. On all zones songs take so long to load or either don’t load at all. In trial mode everything was great. Right after the day they deducted my first payment everything wen to hell. Plus the user experience is so bad. Song, artist track and collaborations related information is all all over the place and too overwhelming. Not a simple and organized experience. And what is Play Now beside every artist you click. Play now what? which song? which album?

1 Like

Apologies for the trouble here, @Nimboo

Does this happen for local and streaming?

Is your Core connected via Ethernet or WiFi?

Does the same thing happen if you play to System Output?

Play now will start playback of the artist using Valence. Similar to Roon Radio, Roon will automatically queue up some of the artist’s most popular work

When I click on Play now button (Purple color) right under an Artists name it never plays that artist’s songs, or their latest album or anything remotely related to that Artist. It starts playing some random artists track. I am still trying to figure out whats the big hype about this software within the audio community.

It takes a while to learn how it works and how to use it to your fullest benefit. The 14 day trial is hardly long enough. Many of us had to purchase a one year subscription to really get into Roon. Now, there is a monthly option for people not yet willing to opt for a full year. One month into my annual membership, I switched to lifetime. Roon is that good.

You are also right in the midst of a version upgrade from Roon 1.7 to 1.8, so there is an element of chaos at the moment.

1 Like

Jim,

Thanks for the insight. My only gripe is the latency and the complicated user interface. There is no doubt a lot of interesting information but to make something overly complex to show richness of features is where you lose customers who like simplicity.

Roon is not simple, but it depends on your use case. Such as, how many endpoints do you want to play to, are you using your own music files, Tidal, Qobuz, or all of the above, etc. Dylan will help you figure out the latency issue. It’s always best to have your Roon core device connected by ethernet.

I agree that latency will improve with a direct connection via ethernet. I have a Verizon device which is sort of fixed a corner far away from the core. Installed core on my laptop. Can’t afford a separate mini computer just for this.

Using a node2i as a streamer and all listening is via Qobuz and Tidal.

I paid a guy $200 to run an ethernet cable around the back of my house. WIFI to the core works for some people, not for others. It did not work for me.

I will try that and if it helps i’ll have it properly run between the core and modem.

Hi @Nimboo

I wanted to check in and see if you were able to try this out with an Ethernet connection as suggested above. Did things improve for you?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.