Since i owned this device a few years now, with a mapped drive on the windows 10 workstation, a copy operation to transfer a fold with audio files (FLAC) to the Roon was 100Mps. then a few months ago the transfer speed dropped to 10Mps. As you can image it takes 5-6 minutes to copy a album over when it took seconds.
- NOTHING has changed on the network. All other devices are working well with no issues
- I copy files to a Synology NAS when make the (FLAC) files and it does move the files at 100Mbs
- So the same windows workstation has two different results, with Roon, was 100Mbs, now 10Mbs, with my Synology NAS is always 100Mbs)
- I shut off all other devices (powered off) and just left the Roon, TP-link Router, and switches (2) active, and the result was the same
- I want to say this started about six months ago after one of the Roon updates but I don’t want to say its the product. its just an observation.