Very slow LOCAL file loading with v1.8

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

mac mini i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, 4TB HD, Catalina, all updated.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All ethernet connected, never had this issue with v1.7.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

dCS Rossini DAC over RAAT.

Description Of Issue

When I click to play a local file, it takes a long time to start playing.

No reply at all??? @dylan

Sorry I can’t offer any help but, I feel your pain. I’m having similar issues with qobuz tracks. Some load quickly and then some can take an unreasonable amount of time.

I’ve tried many things to resolve but to no avail so, I’m pretty sure that the problem isn’t on my end.

I never had this issue with v1.7 either.

I’ve had delays loading TIDAL and Qobuz on v1.7, but I understand that since the streaming service might be the cause.

But delays loading LOCAL files in LOCAL drives, never before and never with any other apps (Audirvana for example).

Hi @miguelito

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Are these local files stored locally?

Does the same behavior occur if you play to System Output?

Can you confirm how many tracks total are in your library?

Yes, they are in a hard drive directly connected to the core computer (a mac mini).

I don’t know. However, I never experienced this with v1.7, and in the transition from v1.7 to v1.8 no software or hardware was modified.

Local tracks: 25,176, total tracks (Local+Tidal+Qobuz): 235,575.

I will add that the issue seems to be resolved in the latest Roon core release (build 764). I will report back if I experience this again.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.