Very slow searching/filtering in Tracks view

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus+ Roon 2.0 build 1223

Networking Gear & Setup Details

The Nucleus is ethernet connected to a Comcast modem/router. Speed is very good, at least 250mbps at the router and >100mbps from wifi devices.

Connected Audio Devices

Multiple Sonos

Number of Tracks in Library

94,000 tracks, 5500 albums, 1000 artists

Description of Issue

Roon seems to be slower lately overall. But especially when searching in Tracks view. If I apply a Focus criteria or a Tag, or filter a field, it will take anywhere between 10 seconds to up to a minute to apply. This happens from both my Mac and my iPad. Yes, I’ve rebooted everything. Album or Artist view is fine. Tracks view is very slow.

@support Roon support, can you help? My Nucleus+ is really slow. Takes two minutes to be able to access it after rebooting. Very slow, especially searching in Tracks. Sometimes takes 10-20 seconds to load the next track. Not sure if my RAM needs an upgrade, if the hard drive is dying, or if its something else. Network is fine, plenty of internet bandwidth, Nucleus is connected to the xFInity router and the wifi signal is strong from the remotes…

Sorry… but how do you support on this site? I thought that you could type @support and it could tag the support team, but that doesn’t seem to work anymore, there don’t seem to be a way to get support to reply. I posted the issue below almost a week ago, no reply from Roon.

My Nucleus+ is really slow. Not sure if it needs a RAM upgrade, a new hard drive, or something else… just looking for help.

Thanks.

Very slow searching/filtering in Tracks view

Hi there
Unfortunately Roon support is a little back logged right now and it can take time to filter through the queue.
I know it is frustrating but patience will be required.
This is the right place and @support has been tagged correctly.
Thank you

1 Like

Hey @HeavyMetalDrummer,

Thanks for your patience while we work through each thread, and thank you @AceRimmer for the tag + bump!

I’d be happy to take a closer look into what might be going on. Could you please reproduce the issue and share the specific date / time when the issue occurs?

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

Thanks! I just tried doing some searches in Tracks view, its very slow. If I filter by track name it is taking a minute to come back. Selecting a tag in Tracks view is slow, e.g. 10-15 seconds and it sometimes shows a list that says “unavailable” and I need to go back and try again.

While trying those searches, I was listening to an album, and it stopped playing after Maggie’s Farm ended, and I needed to hit pause/play a couple of times before it went to the next track. I also stopped play once after “I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight” and it took me a minutes to restart and play “Lay Lady Lay”

This was all between 7:45-8pm EDT today,

Hey @HeavyMetalDrummer,

Thanks for sharing that information. How is your local library shared to your core? Are you using an external drive? I haven’t yet seen anything in your diagnostics that points to hardware issues.

I’d be curious to see how your Nucleus runs on a fresh database. Prior to doing this, make sure you do perform a successful backup of your database. :+1:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Nucleus’ Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Database
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

Please test how things run before loading a backup. Depending on how your local library is setup, I would also test out adding a small portion of your library onto this fresh database and see how things run.

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.