Very slow to load albums and ROCK (app not OS) keeps restarting

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC6I3SYH 8GB / 250GB SSD - 1.7(511)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NUC connected to Meraki switch and client connected to Meraki AP, switch connected to Palo Alto firewall.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Audiophilleo2 USB from NUC to Audio Note DAC via spdif

Description Of Issue

It is very slow performing searches but occasionally I will just get the roon squid and nothing loads. If I restart or reboot the rock via the web gui it takes up to 5 minutes to start. The app will run for around 10-30 seconds before stopping and then trying to restart. This cycles for around 5 minutes before becoming stable and working for a short while.

Just now I have had to reboot the rock and it had been up for just over 1 day so I know it has been crashing intermittently.

Hi @Lebowski,

Thank you for your report. We are aware of a couple of similar reports that the QA team is currently investigating.

The behavior that we are aware of is the initial startup delay but in the cases we have had so far, once RoonOS has booted, it remains stable.

It sounds like you may have a different issue if this behavior occurs after the initial startup delay. Following the startup delay, what kind of symptoms are you experiencing, or does this behavior only occur in those initial 5 minutes?

The RoonOS boots quickly but the server takes anywhere from 3 - 10 minutes before the client can connect. The reboot yesterday took 3.5 minutes to become available. I get the same thing if I just restart the Roon Server software.

Looking at the log the roon server starts and runs for a few seconds and then crashes and restarts:

01/06 19:32:38 Critical: scx: System.InvalidOperationException: attempted to marshal out-of-context reference object of type Sooloos_Broker_Api_AlbumLite_Proxy
   at Sooloos.Broker.Remoting.RemotingClient.Sooloos.Broker.Remoting.IRemotingContext.PutObject(Object o, Stream stream, Boolean inline)
   at Sooloos_Broker_Api_Library_Proxy.<>c__DisplayClass95d.<Sooloos.Broker.Api.Library.GetPersistentAlbumId>b__959(ClientContext clientcx)
   at Sooloos.SynchronizationContextThread._Dispatch(SendOrPostWrapper& ret)

01/06 19:32:44 Critical: scx: System.InvalidOperationException: attempted to marshal out-of-context reference object of type Sooloos_Broker_Api_AlbumLite_Proxy
   at Sooloos.Broker.Remoting.RemotingClient.Sooloos.Broker.Remoting.IRemotingContext.PutObject(Object o, Stream stream, Boolean inline)
   at Sooloos_Broker_Api_Library_Proxy.<>c__DisplayClass95d.<Sooloos.Broker.Api.Library.GetPersistentAlbumId>b__959(ClientContext clientcx)

01/06 19:32:46 Critical: scx: System.InvalidOperationException: attempted to marshal out-of-context reference object of type Sooloos_Broker_Api_AlbumLite_Proxy

01/06 19:32:48 Critical: scx: System.InvalidOperationException: attempted to marshal out-of-context reference object of type Sooloos_Broker_Api_AlbumLite_Proxy
   at Sooloos_Broker_Api_Library_Proxy.<>c__DisplayClass55d.<Sooloos.Broker.Api.Library.GetAlbum>b__559(ClientContext clientcx)

Hi @Lebowski,

If this issue only occurs during startup, this sounds much like the current behavior we’re aware of. If you are getting random crashes overnight, this would be another symptom. If you are seeing issues that are not on the initial startup, please provide more details as to the symptoms.

I don’t believe these traces are related. This means the there was an object present in the previous connection to the Core that needs to be re-loaded.

The log entry timings tie in with Roon server stopping and restarting every few seconds though.

Just had to reboot the ROCK again as qobuz was failing to load albums.

It took nearly 5 minutes to become available and I could see from the rock web page it was stopping and restarting every 18 seconds.

Now it’s back up I can see there are now 5 additional pages of new releases on qobuz going back a while so Roon clearly hasn’t been refreshing.

Can someone from @support respond as this all feels a bit one way at the moment.

Hi @Lebowski,

We are aware of a few reports of a delay between RoonOS booting up vs RoonServer actually starting and QA has an active investigation into this at this time. Your report has been added to this investigation and once it’s been completed we will have a better idea of what’s causing this behavior. Thanks in advance for your patience while this investigation is underway!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.