"View File Info" in Edit not showing storage locations

Recently switched to a full Roon solution and cleaned up my library so everything in one folder. However, I seem to get duplicates of certain albums. To try and resolve these at source, I am looking to see where they are stored so that I can check I don’t inadvertently have a duplicate under a different name. However, one some files, there is a blank where the storage location should be. This is what I get

whereas the other copy I have shows the storage location

How do I find out whether there is a duplicate or Roon has its knickers in a twist?

Did you clean up your library? Not only the music-files but also the Roon library?

Hello @Chris_Townsend,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to assist here. Can you please post a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Storage Tab? This screen should look like this and I would make sure that you haven’t accidentally added a storage location twice here:

Where exactly are you seeing these duplicates? Are they in your playlist or in Artist/Track browser?

If they are references from old storage locations then you can try using the “Clean Up Library” function although I would be careful when running this command as any watched folder that you have disabled may be impacted by it. This thread and this one describe such cases.

Thanks,
Noris

Thanks Noris - I have tried the clean up function but not sure how long it takes to flush every out. My storage folder is very simple!

I see the duplicates in the main browser when scrolling in the albums. So far, I have just gone into Edit and hidden them but it isn’t satisfying my desires to try and get a “perfect” music folder.

Thank you - I have tried this but if it is supposed to work relatively quickly, it hasn’t cleared them away.

Hello @Chris_Townsend,

Thanks for confirming that Clean Up Library has not resolved the issue. I would proceed troubleshooting as follows:

• Create a Backup of your database and save it somewhere safe

• Click the 3-dot dropdown next to that watched folder and “remove” the folder

• Restart Roon and add the folder back

• Verify if you are still seeing duplicates

Please let me know your results from this test when possible.

Thanks,
Noris