Volume goes to max after nightly reboot

Well, In general I would say that the system fails to store the volume level (it is being restored on boot).
But I need to figure this one out.

Can you tell me if this ‘used to work’ in the past?

@spockfish yes always worked…interestingly I think 1.5 happened around the same time…I’ve swapped out the hardware completely due to the dead display issue so I’m sure it’s not hardware.

Oddly the other setup I have seems to not be having this issue, but it’s display less and has remained at 30 setting. I might try with another sd card but I did reflash the one in there for sure.

hmmmm… maybe with 1.5 the heuristics on volume management changed… I need to poke the guys from Roon about this.

Certainly the volume limits location changed in the settings

Cancelling the shutdown via CLI definitely mitigates the problem, until there is a power outage and the device reboots :slight_smile:

Is there somewhere to completely disable the auto reboot until there is a permanent fix?

this is an option in yesterday’s release.

1 Like

Got it, thanks. I see mine updated and that is now an option. I’ve selected it.

1 Like

But the problem is still there (110).

I know. I never said it would be fixed in this version.

Hi Harry,

Did you ever find the issue with this one?

Just installed 233 on my Pi/Justboom Amp Hat and after every reboot it returns to 100/Full volume. (even though I have a max set in roon of 80)

Please let me know if you need any debug info?

Thanks
Duncan

same here on my IQAudIO DigiAMP hat units

Actually Harry @spockfish I think my 2 iquaudio digiamp+ hatted RPi have different volume setting when a software update and reset happens .

The one with the display resets to 100% but the one without display seems to not need any checking as it’s always stable at the last volume setting - now that I noticed it at 27.

Any thoughts?

@spockfish Harry maybe you missed this…would you like a feedback from both devices in question?

No didn’t miss it. Personal stuff popped up, so I didn’t had the time to look into this.

I’ve got a digiamp+ lying around, so I’m gonna look into this during the weekend.

Thanks Harry…hope your dad is doing ok. No pressure just wanted to be sure you saw it :blush: hope you and your family have a great Xmas

@spockfish Harry, no pressure, hope your Dad is ok now…

still having the issue with my IQAudio DigiAMP+ setups where one with the 7" display resets to 100% on reboot but the other without the display remembers its volume setting.

All are on version 239

@spockfish
May I also ask for this issue to be addressed?

We were absolutely delighted by Ropieee - what a super piece of work. However volume reverting to 100% after each reboot or power up is a pretty ugly problem in the household …

We are using a HifiBerry Amp2 HAT. Latest build of Ropieee (139). If this can’t be fixed in Ropieee by saving the last volume, perhaps we could get something into Roon?

Thank you.

Setting volume limits if roon has not helped my situation at either. I just dont understand how the same hat pi and ropieee version behave differently…only difference is one has a 7" LCD attached. Might have to test my other non display IQAudIO Digiamp setup too while I am at it, seldom use it tho these days…its got headphone (Balanced) and binding post outs.

Yeah sorry guys. Extremely busy and I got ill.

I’ve got the same IQAudIO and did a test where it just worked. Without a display attached, but I can’t imagine what the difference could be. Except maybe a timing issue.

Can you send me feedback? You can find that on the advanced page of the web ui.