Volume goes to max after nightly reboot

@spockfish
Feedback done, with identifier 2a04c4772a6f06f7 - thanks

@spockfish

here is the one with the display 91edb8294f18da7f that resets

here is the one without the display b7fbfb396035b78b that doesnā€™t reset

here is one without the display 8e8a3c1f162b4417 that does reset

The last one is also without display and resets so 3 different setups. one with display resets to 100 and without display resets to 100

All on 239

Take care Harryā€¦no big drama as we know the drillā€¦ I set them not to reboot and unless house power goes off I am used to double checking before I play :stuck_out_tongue:

My four v239 Roopieee + RPi3B+ + HifiBerry AMP2 installations exhibit similar behavior. Every time they reboot, be it manually, scheduled or forced (we had a short power outage this morning), the volume in Roon is reset to 100, even if a safety limit is set in Roon device setup. Would love to see a fix for this.

I hope things are alright on your end @spockfish

Edit: My Digi+ based install doesnā€™t do this, obviously, because it uses Roon DSP Volume.

Same here - Boss Allo Players reset to 100 on reboot,

I just got a HifiBerry DAC+ Pro XLR (and I just learned that I can enable both USB + HAT in Ropieee, thanks again to wizardofoz for that tip) and I can test this right now, because I have to reboot the Pi.
[Pi rebooted]
Same result as the others have said: in Roon the volume is set to 100 after Ropieee reboot.

1 Like

Harry is perhaps having some personal/family dramas so go easyā€¦he is aware and will chime in as and when he can.

In the mean time just set the reboots to never and happy days.

And I need to explicitly state: having just gotten a HAT today (before I was using USB DACs = using DSP Volume), and being aware of this via this thread: I have no problem with just checking the volume when using the HAT.

Iā€™m delighted that Ropieee is so cool (as I mentioned I was blown away that I can have both a USB DAC and a HAT DAC enabled at the same time). Thank YOU Harry, even if I donā€™t know you, you make Roon so easy to use.

-Chris

2 Likes

Hi all,

I also have the issue with my HifiBerry Amp2. It makes no difference which Rapsberry Pi Modell (2B or 3B) is used. Also no difference, if one has the original 7" display installed or not. After a reboot the volume resets to 100%! Any solution in sight?
Thank you

Soā€¦ letsā€™ try to hammer this one out. Annoying bit is that I canā€™t reproduce it :frowning:

@wizardofoz youā€™ve provided 2 logs from 2 different devices where on one device this happens and on the other one not. So, itā€™s this 100% reproducible? As in: it always works or it always fails?

So is there someone who can do a simple test?
Try to disable USB support (in RoPieeeā€™s webpage) and try again.

Itā€™s very reproducibleā€¦one works one fails I have another unit I can play with too one without display with digiamp+ and another one with dac Pro hat. But Iā€™m out for the evening right now so canā€™t do until later evening.
I donā€™t think any have Usb enabled but I could be wrong

I got the same problem. Every reboot sets volume to 100. Comfort level is set to 40, safe limits are 0 - 60.
Tried with enabled ā€œAudio USBā€ checkbox and Force volume startup to 35. Also tried with disabled ā€œAudio USBā€

Raspberry 3B (made in UK) with pi2design 502dac HAT. c0e9fca8f9a712fb

Please let me know how I can help, just rebooted mine to upgrade it from 235 to 239 and volume back to 100. I have a it with a Justboom Amp Hat and USB Audio disabled.

Itā€™s been repeatable every time since it was built. I have reflashed it a few times in the past with different versions and alreays restarts to 100.

Thanks
Duncan

Same problem with an Auralic Aries

Ok the 2 non display has no usb selectedā€¦one jumps 100% the other doesnā€™t. both identical setups other than one is using SMPS 19V power (works OK) the other is 19V LMS resets to 100%

The LCD one also on SMPS 19V no usb selected goes to 100%.

All units running DigiAMP+ from IQAudIO. I can do current feedbacks if you like let me know @spockfish

Also happy to help with debugging anytime!

@Spockfish: USB Audio support is in my case disabled; only the Audio HAT HifiBerryā€¦ is activated; every reboot the volume goes to 100%. I also enabled the usb audio support and the init volume value from your web page, but both (usb audio and init volume) does not further impact. if i disable usb audio the init volume of the web interface is automatically set to ā€œ1ā€ and can not be changed.
if i can help with further infos please let me know. (1x raspi 3b + lcd 7" + hifiberry amp2; 1x rapsi 2b without lcd + hifiberry amp2; always the same output on both plattforms).
thank you

okā€¦, got a setup with an IqAudio Amp+ that has the issue, 100% reproducable, so that seems like a good start :wink:

1 Like

perfect - if you need anything please donĀ“t hesitate to contact me, i try to help

Harry I also have an IQAudIO DAC Pro that I might test with even tho I use it at 100% usually into a preamp I can try to control with Roon