Volume issues since adding a Pi HAT

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Intel Nuc 8 running ROCK Version 1.7 (build 667) stable.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Wired network using powerline.

Bt Smart Hub 2 Router, devices are connected using power line network or wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Simple Audio Roomplayers running Reloaded which allows them to be used as Roon endpoints.
Raspberry Pi running RopieeXL with an IQAudioPiDAC Pro hat.

Description Of Issue

Since adding the new DAC hat to the Raspberry Pi, all of the volume sliders on all of my devices keep sliding back down to zero. Even when I slide them back up they just revert back down to zero. I’ve removed the Raspberry pic from the setup, but the problem persists with the remaining devices. I’ve also reinstalled the Roon OS on my Intel Nuc and that made no difference.

This seems to have randomly sorted itself out after a couple of restarts. The Pi Hat is now working fine as are all of my other devices. No idea what what was causing it, but would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

I don’t recall fully, but have had similar issues in the past. AFAICR, it’ was related to setting whether the Pi had individual volume controls in Roon settings>Audio.

Cheers

Hi @Ewan_Gunn,

Happy to hear that the reboots resolved this issue! If you see this occur again in the future, can you please just let us know and reference this thread? We’d be happy to take another look!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.