Roon Core Machine

Roon ROCK NUC7i5

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Google Mesh router

Connected Audio Devices

Teenage Engineering OD-11 via Airplay

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I’ve had Roon ROCK running for a week to a few endpoints (Devialet 220, Phantom, Denon Airplay speaker) in the house and everything is working fine, except for the OD-11 where the volume keeps jumping back to 20 whenever I try to change it.

There is no volume limit set for the speaker. I tried disabling the speaker and enabling it again, and I also tried restarting the server a couple of times but the problem persists.

Edit:
I discovered that the volume actually jumps in increments of 20: if I go below 20 it jumps down to 0, if I increase above 40 it jumps to 40 etc.

Hey @Mats_Johansson,

Ben with the support team here. First off, welcome to Community! We’re excited to have you here and also apologize that it was an issue that prompted your visit. No matter, we are here to help.

After digging into your issue further, it seems that the volume jumping doesn’t appear to be a Roon-specific problem, but rather, what you’re experiencing is likely due to how UAC2 volume implementation is being handled on the device itself.

Here are some important things to note on the subject:

1. Roon does not change the volume of the device unless the user explicitly uses the volume slider or buttons.
  2. The Roon volume limit prevents the Roon controls from setting the volume over a certain value, but it cannot prevent the device from changing its own volume.
  3. You may be able to avoid this by using DSP volume instead of device volume. See the last paragraph in this article and please give this a try.

Please make sure you have the most up-to-date version of Roon (build 952) as well.

Let me know if your issue still persists after trying out the above! I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.