Volume leveling between Tidal, Tidal MQA and local library

Hi,

I read other similar thread about it but still cannot find a solution.

I don’t have an MQA dac (I have a Mojo) and I have the latest Roon (my endpoint is an iPhone 8 Plus).

My Roon library is composed by:

• Tidal
  • Tidal MQA
  • Flac with RG
  • MP3 with RG and sometimes with Mp3Gain tags

I really never reach out to achive a volume normalization on my library, I Always need to adjust the volume… There is an guide I can follow to try to solve?

Du you have Volume Leveling enabled?

2018-05-06%2020_40_58

Sure, it’s on auto.

How do I get to the page where one can enable Volume Leveling? Where are Zone Settings? I’m not seeing either one…

Take a close look at the GIF: You have to click on the volume slider and then on the cog wheels.

Or ‘long hold’ on the zone in the footer.

@Tekl

Take a close look at the GIF: You have to click on the volume slider and then on the cog wheels.

Sorry, perhaps I’m just slow but I DID “look at the GIF.” I have no “volume slider.” My “Volume Control” setting is “Device Volume.” Is that why I have no slider?

@hifi_swlon

Or ‘long hold’ on the zone in the footer.

Not following that either. What “zone in the footer”?

Can anyone else help? Thanks!

Do you have a speaker symbol in the bottom right corner? Klick on it. The overlay window should have the cog wheels.

That worked! Is “auto” the best setting? Many thanks.

I think so, but it depends on how/where you listen to music and what albums you have. There are some with high dynamic range between tracks which could sound more quiet than expected. That’s correct for Album listening in most cases, but it could be annoying in loud environments. Then always track wise leveling could be your choice.

1 Like