Volume not 0 ( and mute not mute) on Squeezbox

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10, roon 1.7 build 610 (64 bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ubiquiti Wifi for players and remotes. core is on cable

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Squeezebox duets and touch on wifi

Description Of Issue

Controlling players mainly from PC app and Android APP (just testing with SB Remote for fault finding) . can never get lower volume then 10. slider shows below 10 but volume stays at 10.(i know cos increasing volume doesnt change any level untill i go to 11.) Mute is also “stopping” at 10. All Limits are at 0-100. same problem in both groups and “single” players.
This issue has been up for long time in diffrent forms in other treads, pls help.
Kind regs Anders

Hi @Anders_Wallberg,

You are saying that you see the slider in Roon unable to go below 10?

I have a Squeezebox Touch and I am able to set it under 10 in Roon, and the squeezebox UI reflects this.

Inversely, setting the volume as close left of the slider ion the Squeezebox shows a volume of 0 in Roon.

What other threads? Do you have any links?

Hi. tnx for fast reply.
the slider moves but the volume stops at 10 (listning volume). be sure to have volume cos in most amps 10 is very low.
so i am just wanting to use duets for endnodes without any SB remote, just controlling volume and mute and be sure they go to zero sound.

some topics: ( first i found … )

kind regs Anders

1 Like

Thanks for the details @Anders_Wallberg, I am now able to reproduce.
Looks like we have a ticket regarding this issue already:

I’ll reach out to our tech team to see what the status is.

1 Like

Hi, Tnx for help… then i wait for a solution :wink:
kind regs Anders

1 Like

Hi! Any news on this?
Kind regs Anders

Hi @Anders_Wallberg,

Thanks for your interest in this!

I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our technical team has been able to reproduce this behavior and we’ve opened up a bug report with our developers.

While I can’t say for certain when this bug will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, and I will keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved.

Thanks again for the report!

1 Like