Volume Slider Order when grouped

Just started a trial subscription and am largely impressed!

I’m running 8 zones on my system (all Linn) and generally run them all as a group. When I hit the volume tile they come up in a really bizarre order. Is there any way I can reorder them in a way that makes sense to me?

Thanks

Hello @Peter-Marc_Fortune,

The zones are ordered in an alphabetical fashion, so if you want one zone to show up before the other I would suggest changing the name for the zone in Roon Settings -> Audio Tab. You can add for example a. Linn Zone Bedroom or
1. Linn Zone Bedroom.

Please let me know if that helps.

– Noris

Thanks for suggestion.

I numbered them but made no difference to order.

I restarted Roon App - still no change in order…do I need to reboot the core?

Thanks

My apologies, I misread your question as referring to the Zones listing on the right-hand side of Roon which is ordered alphabetically.

As for the volume grouping behavior, I am not seeing any patterns in the way they are sorted, I will have to bring this question up with QA. I have placed this request in with them and appreciate your patience until I hear back.

Thanks,
Noris

I spoke to the QA team about your question and they let me know that the Volume Slider zones operate in this way:

1. We always show “master” zone first, meaning if you have Zones A, B, C, D and C is a master zone, then we will show C first and then A, B, D in the volume listing. The “master” zone is the one that was selected first before the grouping was made.

2. If zones were renamed after they were grouped we do not re-order them on the zones list or in the volume tab, so you have to ungroup first, rename and then re-group for the list to be sorted.

This should be the expected behavior here, but if you want to change this expected behavior to something else I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the 'feature request" section of the site since our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, it would also be a good place to get feedback from the Community.

Thanks,
Noris