Voting on Feature Suggestions?

I see voting turned on for Feature Requests, is this for real? I don’t want to spend time picking my votes if it is just on by mistake.

@support

1 Like
2 Likes

But the voting part is new, right?

Yep! We enabled it this week.

3 Likes

Problem is it appears at the very top (first post) of a thread. Most followers of long running threads won’t even know it is there. I voted on a feature request thread first started in 2015 (podcast support)… We live in hope.

2 Likes

Do you really believe that the position of the voting button is the problem of 6 years or so old feature requests? :rofl:

4 Likes

No, and it does seem a little odd after years of a ‘we don’t count +1s or likes’ stance to be taking an interest in actual numbers, given that the Community is often deemed ‘unrepresentative’ of typical Roon users.

Alternatively the way to look at it is that after years of slow improvements/tweaking, some of the long standing rough edges of the product are now getting some long needed attention. Recent surges in subscriber numbers have perhaps provided more resources.

I wanted so badly to reply simply “+1” to this, but alas I needed at least 10 characters. :grin:

1 Like

plus one !

1 Like

As many things in Roon, this one also has a neat workaround: in order to jump to the vote button you can click on the vote counter link which always shows below the title.

4 Likes

We have a very limited votes available for some reason? I just digged up some old thread with requests I’m still waiting for, but after (I beleive) 5 votes I’m capped and need to remove a vote to add a new… this is a silly limit IMHO.

3 Likes

Yes, pity really. I think the number is 6. There’s probably around 30 to 40 I’d vote for now. Five to six years ago 6 votes would probably do, but most of the features I want are still unfulfilled requests while most of the new functions in Roon are things I don’t want or need.
So, @danny , there will be no votes from me because I see it as rather pointless.

1 Like

This was all discussed by Danny here.

I know. I’ve read the thread and Danny’s response and suddenly the thread was locked. Hence my response to Danny here,

If you don’t want to vote, that’s your choice.

The limited number of votes is a method for people to prioritize their top suggestions. I would have thought 1 vote would be the best, but the Discourse team believes that more works better to achieve certain goals. I’ll trust their instincts on how to run a forum until I see otherwise.

These are feature suggestions, and should not create an expectation that the feature will be implemented.

I would like to vote for support for Boolean search (both in Focus and Tags).

When I search the forum, I find 12 topics on Boolean search in feature requests.

I have 3 votes left.

Do I need to add a 13th ‘boolean’ topic in order to have my 1 vote count?

Please advice, as this won’t work. (an I am sure there are lots of other ‘similar’ feature requests spread out over different topics).

Dirk

1 Like

Nope, just pick the most significant existing topic that aligns with your request.

If you PM @moderators a list of the “duplicate” topics, we can see if any are suitable for merging.

@anon90297517 thanks for list … I’ll take look and see what I can do.

pick one that has a good description and use case for what you need it for, or add one.

For example, boolean search for some focus types that we felt were relevant was added, but you may have an interesting use case for one of the fields we passed on.

That’s the main reason roon’s implementation of this it’s the way it is: there are no use cases here to consider, Boolean is Boolean and all you have to implement is to allow any Boolean operators between any available fields, it’s that simple.