Voting on Feature Suggestions?

Nope, just pick the most significant existing topic that aligns with your request.

If you PM @moderators a list of the “duplicate” topics, we can see if any are suitable for merging.

@anon90297517 thanks for list … I’ll take look and see what I can do.

pick one that has a good description and use case for what you need it for, or add one.

For example, boolean search for some focus types that we felt were relevant was added, but you may have an interesting use case for one of the fields we passed on.

That’s the main reason roon’s implementation of this it’s the way it is: there are no use cases here to consider, Boolean is Boolean and all you have to implement is to allow any Boolean operators between any available fields, it’s that simple.

If it’s that simple, the answer is no. If you want to give us use cases, we will think about your use cases.

Here are some ‘simple’ examples supporting the enhanced implemantation ‘boolean operators’

Dirk

1 Like

Just curious, you have 250.000 or so users, let’s optimistically assume that are 5.000 or so particular use cases each one of your users needs or wants, how are you going to address them, one by one?

I really do not understand you. You want use cases so you can implement particular situations, but you don’t want to see that combining everything with everything will cover all the imaginable, possible and beyond use cases…

I would have never guessed that… but four from five top voted feature suggestions are matching mine!! Totally made my day, absolutely awesome guys! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you all who already used the new voting system to promote their wishes. Keep it up so that @danny and the rest of the team finally take notice about some longstanding shortcomings of Roon! :pray: :pray:

3 Likes

It’s been a month already - when are we going see some movement from Roon regarding the votes?

As per @danny:
"We will periodically mark features with brackets [ ] in the title explaining if it is done or not on the roadmap."

What does “periodically” mean in more exact terms? Once a month? Once a year?

adverb

1. from time to time; occasionally.

Does it even make any sense to use the voting system?

I do not see any of the top-voted feature suggestions recently updated with a clear indication if it is or isn’t on roadmap:

1 Like

i think a voting-on-feature system is fantastic if - IF - things actually get implemented. this is a slow moving ship, so it’s not clear whether things are: not planned, planned but not executed, etc. as you say. i’d love a quicker turnaround on features personally. but, what’s new. :smiley:

2 Likes

Do we ever get more votes if you use them up. Mine have all gone already.

I very much doubt whether there will be any increase in the number of votes you get. See:

I have had to retract some then.

The way I look at the vote limit is, these are the top 5 or 6 features requests that are most appealing/potentially beneficial to me, at this time. If someone suggests something that is more appealing or important to me, than what I have already voted for, I retract the vote and vote for the new feature. If a feature I voted for gets implemented then that’s a vote I can use elsewhere.

I remove votes from things that have many votes already and move mine where they have more impact :wink:

1 Like

Great design loves constraints.

I really hope Roon is not paying too much attention to the votes. Most of the top things voted for only apply to a subset of Roon users so whilst popular amongst a group won’t add any value to many people.

I’m talking about things like.
Prefer Qobuz over Tidal - only applies to those who have both services
Google nest hub as a Roon display - only applies to those who have or want a nest
Multiple streaming/family accounts - only applies to those who use family accounts
Roon version for Apple silicon……

Theses are suggestions 2 to 5 on the voting and other top votes are similar.

I really hope they are doing what they say and are looking at the use cases and the value they bring to really improving the product and not just the number of votes

I very much doubt they are just counting. The older version of the count was users adding +1 comments and they said they completely ignored those.
Cogent arguments and widespread usage AND most importantly it seems to me, fit with where they are taking the product rule the day.