VST - plugins in Roon DSP

I think VST “standard” don’t allow sample rate changes, but you can do an up-sample in Roon to for example 96khz, and also let Roon do first MQA unfold, that way normal CDs and MQAs will all work.

Could a person with the right knowledge do something with the VST that won’t be a problem for Roon ?
I mean if you can’t change Roon, can VST somehow adopt ?

Where is the real problem ?

If your answer point towards impossible, can a black box like a NUC, just place is itself in de DSP processing chain, and with some “magic” from either Roon or the DSP developer, make things happen.
I notice Linux is supported as well.

1 Like

Has anyone found a way to vst3 via roon?

Yes, simple. Use Menubus app on my Macbook. Runs any VST I want. I use this for a acoustic simulator for my headphone.

How about VU meters as plug-in :grinning:

But I have windows and not a lot of knowledge

I have a VST3 plug in, I have izotope RX7 an Ozone but I can get something else if need be!
I got VB audio cable A and cable B (virtual cables).
Idk how to implement and make it all work. Please help.

I use CanOpener Studio from GoodHertz. It’s an excellent Crossfeed VST plugin which is superior to the Crossfeed features of Roon, and its Audeze presets.
Unfortunately, I did not find a way to integrate it to Roon, while streaming to my headphones’ endpoint.

Did anyone find a way to do it with macOS?

Nothing has changed in the VST plugin development policy ? :wink:
By simply allowing a gateway to platform specific VSTs (Windows or Mac).

Good morning

there are several members of a French Hifi forum who use HAF Filters, but the Room Shaper plugs cannot be integrated into roon and it’s a shame, some share on other platforms like audirvana or Jriver who do so

this is a legitimate request in the same way as giving you the possibility to integrate HQplayer

https://www.homeaudiofidelity.com/français/plugins/

thank you for your response

Jean-Luc

Dear lord, but there’s a lot of separate threads on this - I’ve chosen the most likely one to merge with. It also has posts from @brian stating why this is not easy to do.

1 Like

I agree it is quit a task, but it is well worth it considering all the stuff you can do.

Um - I am not a staff member of Roon Labs. I have no influence on what they might consider doing…

Hi there,

I successfully run VST plugins on my Roon Server running Windows 10 using vsthost and VB-Audio Virtual Cable.
I followed this tutorial :