W4S Modified Sonos not connecting to Roon Core

Hi. I just downloaded Roon/Tidal to macOS 10.14. It was easy to connect it to 4 other Sonos endpoints. Loving the music. However, for some reason my Wyred4Sound modified Sonos is not recognized by Roon. Any thoughts? It is hooked up like every other Sonos connect I have (except it has fixed volume as I use my integrated amp to control volume). It plays Spotify without a problem through Sonos software. Could it be that the modification by Wyred4Sound altered how it connects to Roon? Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Hi @Christopher_Souder,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is there any difference in how the W4S Sonos is connected compared to the others?

Hi Dylan,
Thanks for your response. Sorry for delay - crazy weekend.
I contacted EJ at W4S and he said that his modified Sonos does absolutely nothing to the connectivity of the Sonos Connect. My W4S Sonos Connect is connected via wireless and works fine wirelessly streaming via Sonos application/Spotify. I just discovered that I think all my other Sonos Connects are connects directly via ethernet. I just plugged in a Sonos Play 5 which can only play via wireless and Roon did not pick it up either. So perhaps its a wireless thing.

My wireless is via Araknis Networks AN 300-RT-4L2W router and an Araknis 300 AP-I-N repeater. There is a network switch as well (but I am not sure how that is all wired to be honest. It is an Araknis networks AN-100-SW-R-16.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Christopher Souder

Hi @Christopher_Souder,

Thanks for the info here. It definitely sounds like there is something related to the wireless network connection that is causing this behavior to occur.

If you use an app like Fing to scan the network, can you confirm that the wireless devices are on the same subnet as the wired devices?

If you temporarily take this device offline and just have the devices connected via the main router does this same behavior occur?

Thanks!