Waiting for remote Core error

Hi @dylan,
I’ve got unfortunately the same problem as John_Dewer…
I’m running Roon Core on a PC and try to use a remote connection with my iPhone or/and with an Android tablet. Same issue. “Waiting for Remote Core…”
Also when I reboot my computer, it also fixes this issue, but not always…
Thanks !!!

Hi @Stephane,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Thanks!

Hi @dylan,

Here is my set up :

• Core machine : Windows 10 Pro on a PC
  • My Dac is directly connect to the PC (RJ45). I am using Google WiFi for my network.
  • Audio device : Merging Hapi
  • Library details : My music is stored on a My Book Duo drive directly connected to my PC (USB 3.00)

On Roon Core 1.6 sometimes I had to reboot my computer to fix this issue, but now I cannot use the remote at all.
I try some other ways and notice that when my Dac is off (Merging Hapi) I can open the Roon remote from my iPhone or Android tablet.
As soon as my Dac is on, my remote connection is impossible… “Waiting for Remote Core…”

Hi @Stephane,

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

1 Like

Hi @noris,

I checked the exceptions to my Windows firewall and Roon.exe was allowed for Private and not for Public, so I added Public and now it’s OK.
Thank you very much !

1 Like

That’s fantastic news @Stephane, glad to hear you’re up and running!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.