waiting for roon core error frequent

Roon Core Machine

windows x64 roon core, i7, 32gb ram, win11 latest release

Networking Gear & Setup Details

wired network to most endpoints (including the one with errors). ‘managed’ unifi network switches

Connected Audio Devices

wired - dCS Rossini - errors with this device
wireless naim muso

Number of Tracks in Library

10091 tracks in library

Description of Issue

a few times day sometimes, getting the “waiting for roon core error” showing on roon remote (ipad or iphone). music stops. just waiting resolves the issue, roon core comes back, we can carry on…

dont know why its doing this.

other matters

• roon ‘clicks’ when changing from one track to another sometimes, most recently noticed on roon radio after my chosen album ended
  • roon fails to load artist bio (info tab) after going into a recommended album then using ‘back’ in roon to return to main page (info). just says loading. going to another artist works fine, then back in to original artist and all sorted. this happens regularly

Hope you can help please. I can supply logs if that helps
Stewart

…also i;m seeing the same error from the roon client that runs on the same PC as roon core, so it doesnt seem to be a network issue, or an endpoint compatibility issue. what can I do to fix this please?

thanks

Hi, is anyone from support there please? no response after 2 days, on a life-time purchase of £600! if id bought anything else for £600 someone would have replied by now. I know you guys are busy with v2 but could someone please help?

thanks

Hey @Stewart_Hopkins,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Following up on this thread, are you still experiencing these issues? If so, please take note of the date, time, and song title and share it here. From there, we’ll be able to better pinpoint what might be happening at the time of the issue.

In the meantime, I do suggest testing each of your managed switches in your chain, starting out with bypassing all of them so your core can be wired directly to your router.

I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

Hi. Ive been away for most of the last week, so just getting back to using roon. Ive also updated to the lastest core and remote releases, so we’ll see if its still happening. Will be in touch
thanks

Hi, as far as I can tell, this issue is no longer happening. i updated to latest core, and also moved roon to a dedicated nuc, and its gone away

There is a separate issue however, on certain end points - clicks between songs. I dont get this on my naim muso 2nd gen, but do get it on my dcs rossini. any ideas?

thanks

Hey @Stewart_Hopkins,

Glad to hear you’re no longer running into connection issues with your core!

Seeing that this endpoint is wireless, I would first test by hardwiring this endpoint to see if the issue persists :+1: as this can help determine any connectivity issues.

Hi Ben, the Rossini is being used wired, not wireless. Actually, the Naim is currently being used wireless, and doesnt have the clicks!

Thanks

Stewart

Hey @Stewart_Hopkins,

Got it, thanks for the info. Please take note of the date, time, and name of the song the next time you come across this issue and share that information here.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.