Waiting for Roon Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Rock running on a Intel Nuc i5 - Version 1.7 Build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Cable Modem Netgear
AT&T Fiber modem/router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Auralic Aries G1, Chord Hugo2

Description Of Issue

From time to time and a lot lately, I don’t connect to the core and get the Remote Connection - waiting for Remote Core screen. it will connect to the core and then immediately drop. Sometimes when it connects, I don’t see all of my end points. It is extremely frustrating

Hi @mrthomaskonrad,

During this time are you able to connect to the Web UI?

Is this happening from all remote devices?

Yes I can connect to the UI, and it is happening from my MacBook Pro and my iPhone. I have not been able to access Roon all day.

Just tried it again. After several minutes, it finds the core and I see the messages, initializing and then ready. I click connect and it loads, there is a message in pink at the bottom center and then it drops and starts the process over again.

Hi @mrthomaskonrad,

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

I recently upgraded my iMac OS to Big Sur (11.2). Since then, the wake on LAN does not seem to work for Roon. The core is running on the iMac (3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9). I use an iPad mini, iPad Pro and an iPhone to play back on Sonos hardware or on a DCS Bartok. Nothing else changed. It used to work fine before the OS upgrade. Network is switched Gig Ethernet and a ERO Pro6 mesh wifi network.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.