Waiting for your Roon Core message

Roon Core Machine

Mac mini M1, 2020, 16GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP-Link Archer MR200. Mac mini on Wifi

Connected Audio Devices

• desktop dac and amp connected directly via USB to Mac mini
  • Bluesound node, connected via ethernet cable to rooter and wifi to Mac mini where Roon Core was installed.

Number of Tracks in Library

2905 tracks

Description of Issue

I’ve been testing Roon with the Roon Core installed in the Mac mini I regularly use at my desk (M1 2020). Unfortunately, there seems to be regular connection issues when trying to reach the Roon Core. When using the app from an iPhone or iPad, the Roon Core sometimes is nowhere to be seen, even if the Mac mini is on with Roon running. Very often I’m connected with my iPhone and then disconnects for no reason. It’s constant, not a one-two time issue. I’ve followed the tutorials and the help pages to no avail.

Hey @Yeray_Seminario,

Welcome to the community! We’re excited to have you here, and I’m sorry it was an issue that prompted your first visit.

As a next step, I would highly suggest hardwiring your core device directly to your router. Let me know if you continue to run into issues after giving this a try :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.