Netgear GS108
Netgear Plus GS 105E

Audio Devices

Bridge Device Lumin U1 Mini USB output
Audio Device Kii Contol USB input + Kii speakers

Library Size

HD WD library 5500 tracks

Description of Issue

I have a wakeup problem with my Lumin U1 mini.
I have one zone with two devices:

*Lumin U1 mini Bridge device USB output
*Kii Audio control audio device USB input
The problem is: when I start a stream and klick on ‘play now’ then there is a blue pop-up screen with the text “select audio zone”, which text disappears immediately after that.
The stream does not start.
When I klick the second time on ‘play now’: the stream is indeed playing!
Automatic sleepdevice is set in ‘Roon device setup’.
The only option is that I do not put the Lumin U1 mini in the standby mode in order to start the stream in one click.
I have two other devices of Naim: Muso 2 and Muso QB 2, which start both immediately in one click on ‘play now’.
The question is: is this problem of not fast enough finding the zone a Roon- or a Lumin-problem?

See Response: wklie Peter Lie Firmware Lead of LUMIN Network Music Players

Greetings
Ton

Hi Roonsupport,

I did not receive any response on my question (see above)
I have tested many steps in order to find a solution for my wakeup problem with assistence
of Peter Lie from Lumin
The Lumin U 1 mini is a Roon Ready device.
And the Kii Control is a Roon tested device.
It is a pity that this is no guarantee for a good working system in combination with USB.

I have been thinking of some possible solutions:

• let the Lumin U1 mini in power On situation with the display Off for 24/7 (higher power usage)
  • make the Lumin U 1 mini connect with AES XLR connected to Kii Control (disadvantage a longer
    special cable)
  • other endpoints: Naim ND5 XS2 or HiFi Rose 250

I am still wondering which solution is the best in my situation.
Maybe you have any suggestions?

Greetings
Ton

Hey @aa_jacobs,

Thank you for following up on your post and sharing all the information you have. We appreciate all the steps you’ve tried.

I’ve taken this to our technical team, so they can chime in.

We’ll do all we can to reply as soon as possible, but, please, know support is closed over the weekend :nerd_face:

Hi @aa_jacobs

This is Dylan with the technical support team. I just wanted to let you know I’m bringing this to our audio gear expert for further testing. I’ll be sure to update you once I’ve discussed with him.