Walks like a complaint, quacks like a complaint but really is just a question

Well it is a dutch artist and of all my 40 unidentified albums are mostly releases by dutch companies/labels and bandcamp

So when I manually identify, I see this (and I’m in the Netherlands too):

Now that is weird! But you have the tidal album, i have the cd so there;'s no link with tidal beforehand

Now that you have it, press ‘play’. :grinning:

Tomorrow - I’m watching Eurovision at the moment :grin:

Aha Waylon fan! His song has too much quality to win

Er - nope. But I think he’ll scrape through to the final… :grinning:

I am wondering if there are any rogue unprintable characters in your title etc.

Nope

Meanwhile…

But the link exists. It’s just not activated.

You obviously have mixed albums in your M:\I Am Oak-folder… If your latest screenshot is not lying.
Shouldnt the album be placed in a subfolder called ”Pictures Of A Floating World”?

Thx, but i have only artist folders, no subfolders. Roon works fine with that except of course for a few unidentified albums. But I will try nonetheless, just for fun.

EDIT: no, still unidentified

I noticed that too. But thought it unimportant. Why would it matter?

Hmm, i got the impression that Roon is picky about the number of files in each folder, representing an album or a disc as a part of an album.
On the other hand i use my files for occasional playback in other software too so i always store my files in folders representing the album (or CD1 for the first disc of a multidisc album)
What does Roon say when you try and identify the album when its placed in a separate folder @Dick_Vliek?

Tried that and still unidentified. I have folders with more than a thousand files and they are identified just fine.

I admit defeat.

Haha me too, now just listening to the album, much better :rofl: But thx for all the suggestions guys

1 Like

I don’t think it is a link. Links come up in a highlighted color this is just text of a name. I get many names in reviews for instance but they only are only highlighted as links if that person is in my library for some reason. When they are highlighted as links I can click on them and get to details about that individual and the albums they are associated with.

It would be good if someone from Roon could explain this limitation and give us an idea of when and if it might be circumvented.

I added a Stockton’s Wing album and as expected above, it now is a link from Fran Breen.

.sjb

If you open the Tidal app, and look at biographies, you see that links are already there. So I assumed that similar links exist in Roon’s (Rovi? ) data too.