WARNING of Days Left is Annoying

I know I only have 9 days left of my current subscription but I don’t want to be constantly nagged about it.

2020-09-19_20-49-53

Solution: Purchase a lifetime subscription… :wink:

5 Likes

You’ve got 9 days left :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve never seen this. Shows only if Roon hasn’t got a credit card linked to the subscription?

Otherwise it might actually be good information. Instead of just charging when the subscription reaches another full year.

I’m a happy yearly subscriber since 4-5 years. Wouldn’t dream of going lifetime. I don’t support ideas of “owning” subscriber based software. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Never seen that.

I now understand why you don’t like the subscription flag.

Never seen that reminder either. Lifetime subscription since 2016.

I’t’s great when the term matches the payment. Obviously everyone can’t do it since Roon needs a revenue stream, but as an early adopter, I’m glad I went for it. It’s all house money now.

I think there’s a fine line between being a handy reminder and your terminology - ‘constantly nagged’. For some, the cost of subscription is a big deal, whilst others it will leave their bank account with the user essentially none the wiser. Personally, I don’t see any issue here; it’s hardly like a bright neon light flashing out at you.

Easily resolved with renewal or if you don’t plan on using Roon in the future, just enjoy your final 9 days.

Cheers!

1 Like

I’d like to see this feature added to fitness wearables and turned on at random intervals.

2 Likes

Once is reasonable.

I’d rather be warned about it once at least before my card is charged for re-upping, or my subscription expire…

I’m on auto renew so never seen it pop up.

Only four (4) more days by my count…