Was working & Suddenly Roon 1.8 won't load

Mikael,

First off, I got an email from Dylan, and he asked me for my log files. Sadly, I couldn’t figure out how to find the log files from within drobox, so I couldn’t send them. I tried, but my expertise in computing is limited to playing and recording music, and don’t spend a lot of time with Dropbox. So, unless i can figure out what steps are missing in his included directions, I won’t be able to do that.

Next to your help in this recent email, I only tried installing to an existent core. You are saying I should install a new core on the iMac. Okay, I will try that but let me just ask you this. Previously, I was told (by Roon support) in a previous instance unrelated to this latest issue, to rename the Roon folder to Roon-old ,and then install a new Roon install. I notice that here in this instance, you are not asking me to do that. You have just asked me to delete the database, and then start Roon and install a new Roon core. Is that because the new install does that automatically now? I am trying to understand why that is no longer necessary when installing a new core. I notice you didn’t have me do that. I am assuming that is because of new 1.8 does that all on it’s own. Is that right? Sorry to ask so many questions, but I just want to make certain I get this right.

Dylan, I don’t want you to think that I don’t appreciate your willingness to check my log files. I still can’t figure out how to share it. But maybe if I drag the folder out of the Roon Directory I will be able to share it. Would that still be sufficient. I assume you need only need to look at the log folder.

Both renaming and deleting the database serves the same purpose, allow you to start clean with a new Core. And when you reinstall the first question will always be to select a Core, and your choice would be to “setup a new core on this Mac”.
Follow the guide and add your streaming accounts and add your storage locations (for local files, if any?)
When done, you can add some audio endpoints, and make sure your system is up to the task of running Roon.

After going through the process, and reinstalling core and updating database, the music appears properly. I can play it from the iMac, but the Roon Remote on the iPhone doesn’t find the Roon Core, and therefore, won’t load. Any suggestions?

Had to re-install the Roon Remote on my iPhone, and that solved the problem.

Thank you Roon Support. Appreciate the help.

1 Like

Great! Glad you got it working again. I hope you can appreciate the knowledge gained also, not just the frustration! :slight_smile:
And, i don’t know if you are beeing cheeky :wink: or serious! I am not a representative of Roon support, just another fellow user.

Anyway, enjoy your tunes’!

No no, not being cheeky. That’s one problem of texting, I guess. It’s easy to be taken as someone trolling when one is just honestly trying to thank someone.

Didn’t know for sure if you were a user or from Roon support because I believe it was you that first told me that Roon support was backed up and I might not hear from Support until after the weekend, at least that was a comment that I took to be yours. If I remembered that wrong, and someone else told me that, my mistake.

And for the record, yes, I ALWAYS appreciate the knowledge gained. Hard not to be frustrated, however when one’s front end goes down for days on end. I suppose if I was only a casual user and my listening was mostly as background listening, the loss of functionality would much easier to bear without the accompanying frustration.My appreciation of the Roon product has grown over time, and it’s pretty much a big deal around this house when Roon goes down.

Toward that end, I look forward to purchasing a music server that I’m told will remove some the issues of downtown running Roon on my iMac.

1 Like

I found the reason Roon was not loading on my computer. It was caused by the NERO program, NERO Wifi + Transfer. I uninstalled that program and Roon immediately loaded. I’ll make NERO aware of this problem. I love what Roon does and I hated not having it work for a week.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.