WASAPI or ASIO! To Playing MQA On Roon?

Hi Fellow Roon Users,

I have problems to get WASAPI working!
No problem with ASIO!
Sometimes does WASAPI works for hours but, when it’s stops?
I never have any problems with ASIO!

Does I have to download something or, to get WASAPI running?

I’m using Roon on a PC laptop and 32 bits version of Roon, because it’s sounds better and using less CPU and Memory!
For DAC I’m using a Meridian Explorer 2 to playing MQA.

Please give me suggestions that to do!

L&R
String

Hello @Anders_Strengberg,

1. Describe your setup in details. Use this link as a guide

2. Describe how exactly Roon fails during playback via WASAPI ?

3. Does it fail in other applications ?

4. Have you tried to install driver provided by meridian ?

Regards,
Vova

Hello @vova

1. Yes

This coming up when it doesn’t want to play with WASAPI

Hi @vova
So looking it’s when it’s fail photo 1.
And the other photos choose my ASIO and WASAPI settings in Roon!
I have tried to put off the Working around drivers… and Use Event…in the WASAPI setup, but it doesn’t helps!

It’s better when something doesn’t work at all, this thing that it works great for hours and when starting to stop between each song, and I have to change to the ASIO to start a song when changing to WASAPI and it’s working!
But it’s stopping after the song, so I have to do the same thing again :grinning:

All the best Anders

Hi @Anders_Strengberg ---- Thank you for the follow up and providing the requested feedback. Both are very appreciated.

Moving forward, we would like to take a look at your Roon core logs to see if we can ID the issue here. May I kindly ask you to please perform the following procedure:

1. Very Important - Please reproduce the reported behavior and note the time when the observation is made.

“…this thing that it works great for hours and when starting to stop between each song, and I have to change to the ASIO to start a song when changing to WASAPI and it’s working!”

1. After the issue has been reproduced and the time has been noted… using the instructions found here, please upload us a set of logs from the device hosting your Roon core.

-Eric

Hi Eric,
Have you received my Roon logging off Wasapi quite playing etc…

Best,
Anders

Hi @Anders_Strengberg ---- Thank you for the follow up and my apologies for the slow response.

I just took a look at the PM you had sent me and it looks like you have only provided a single log, when we require the entire, “logs” folder. May I very kindly ask you, to please follow the procedure mentioned in my previous post once more, and resupply us with a complete set of logs.

Remember, it’s very important that you reproduce the issue first and note the time when the observation is made. I will be on the look out for your upload :slight_smile:

-Eric

A post was split to a new topic: Audio device issue wasapi