Wasted space on each page

Will there ever be an option to hide or show labels that wastes a LOT of space at the top of each page?

Regards,
Sonnie

3 Likes

try the scroll wheel :smiling_imp:

Not much wasted space here…

2 Likes

It’s the space for the adverts in the soon to be released “free tier Roon with advertising”.

It’s going nowhere.

.sjb

2 Likes

Just to be sure, you are kidding, right?

It’s because they prioritized the design to be phone, then tablet, then laptop/desktop, without thinking that their own program is one that can only be used at home (for now at least) and the design priority by platform should have been reversed.

1 Like

I’m sure it’s somewhat of a moot point. Jim_F posted the image that it should look like when you open albums… the other is just unnecessary. Start it out like this. In designing our sites, that white space (or wasted space) has always been a pet peeve of mine. Put it to use with something relevant. I do realize most folks don’t care or ignore it.

Regards,
Sonnie

2 Likes

Nope, not much, but I’d be happier if they took up a bit less of it with the playing controls and the top bars.

I have 94 pages of albums. The fact that page one has a little space at the top is not a factor to me. If it was, I would enter a feature request in the Feature Request category.

Moderators have removed several posts that were commenting on individuals, please discuss the topic not each other.

This is a discussion forum and people are allowed to express their views on the topic both for and against and whether invited or not.

1 Like

Roons inconsisencies in displaying content is frustrating, did several people deseign each section, there is no unity in the UX and just all feels a bit amateur.

Heres album view maximises space

Qobuz only uses a small portion of the screen.! Why? There is no reason for it to be doing this other than pooir design. Only the Library section has pages that maximise space the others are all using the same smaller section as Qobuz. Makes no sense.

1 Like

Hmmm, something’s not right here. I get the same layout on all my screens. In particular I see 6 albums across on both Album view and Qobuz view.
Do you see the same problem if you turn off Allow for more covers? There, I do see a higher number of covers compared to Qobuz, but I’m not getting the margins.