Watched Folder - Bluesound Vault

Hello

I just started using Roon from last evening in anticipation of new software roll out enabling Bluesound products as end point. I have all my music files on Bluesound Vault only and no music resides on my iMac/ iTunes. I also have subscription to Tidal.

Last night I was able to see my three apple tv’s as end point and also my Marantz AV8802A as end point. Music played fine and only once i had an issue. This morning when i woke up my Roon said watched folder unavailable and showing only Tidal albums. I had to specifically go in to my finder and mount the Music folder available on Vault and then it showed up again on my Roon.

My question is, will this be fixed in 1.3 update?

Cheers

Raj

PS: I love the software and customer support. I do have few more issues to report and want to make sure posting in the right area.

Hi @Rajesh_Ramachandran ----- Thank you for the report! I can confirm that with 1.3 our developers have spent time working on improving the overall performance of the application, so I expect the issues you’re describing to improve once it is deployed.

Can you please provide a screenshot of your storage tab?

-Eric

@support

Please see screen shot. Thank you.

Hi @Rajesh_Ramachandran ----- Thank you for the follow up and providing the requested screenshot. Both are appreciated!

Moving forward, I see that you are accessing the “Vault” by mounted it in OSX.

“I had to specifically go in to my finder and mount the Music folder available on Vault and then it showed up again on my Roon.”

I would suggest using an SMB mount within Roon to access this device as to try and avoid having to re-add the watch folder again :sunglasses: Information on this process can be found here. Let me know how it goes!

-Eric

@Eric
@support

Thanks for suggesting SMB Mount. Not sure, why I did not do that initially. I will try this out. My Vault does have a static ip assigned via router.

Thanks

1 Like