RJ45 Networking Cables
Mac Mini 64GB RAM, 2 TB Storage

Number of Tracks in Library

120.000 tracks

Description of Issue

Hi, I updated from iTunes to Music app.
Exported Mediathek.xml to Music folder, the watched Folder
No Playlists.

When I try to check the folders that are watched I can not change or add or do anything, page is blank.

i restarted the Software and the nucleus +, nothing …

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-27 um 20.20.08

Hi @Horst_P_Beck ,

It doesn’t look like you have any storage folders, where does the media library reside, is it located on your Mac?

Have you exported the iTunes XML as per our guide here?

Apple Music is the successor of the iTunes app, and it’s still possible to use Apple Music Playlists with Roon, but the process is a bit different. The XML file needs to be generated by going to Apple Music App → File → Export Library:
export library from iTunes

Are you sharing your Mac iTunes folder over the network? Has this previously been working as expected for you? If you have not yet shared the folder over the network, you would also need to ensure that it is properly shared, please see the guide below:

hi, I tried all of your remarks , nothing works .
the music folder is , as already written above, in the nucleus plus . its a 7 TB SSD .
the internal drive is the watched folder , when I copy music there it is added .
that works …
I tried the old way, put all iTunes files back there = no playlists

when I put the mediathek.xml in the music folder a requested, nothing shows either .
no Playlists

everything else is fine .

rgds hpb

Just to be sure, you put a 1’200 USD SSD into your Nucleus to hold your music files? Can you please give the manufacturer/model (a link to a shop or the manufacturer website would be best). I’m just asking because Google can’t show me a 7 TB SSD that I could buy.

1 Like

Hello Support, I still need help …
What I can see on the nucleus + server is, that everything is running well, the Roon Server Software is rebooting every 10 minutes .
Probably through a problem I do not know …

any Help ?

anybody there ?

Hello @Horst_P_Beck ,

Apologies for the delay in response here, I was out of the office and just getting caught up on your thread here.

We’ve activated diagnostics on your account and it looks like your Nucleus has been online since August 17th, with no RoonServer errors mentioned in logs. Can you let us know the exact local time + date you next experience this issue so we can focus closely on that time in logs?

What does your Mediathek.XML look like? Are you using a relative path to reference the files or an absolute path to reference the files? Can you please upload the .XML to our media uploader and let us know afterward?

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/nqcgjac23027d90a441bda2c314de49d7958a/external

hi there thx very much .

the errors are gone
i reseted everything and started from scratch
since then the nucleus+ worked fine

So the old way with iTunes Library.xml still works

when I create the Mediathek.xml with music.app an copy it to the same place
it does not work

i generate the Mediathek.xml on my computer and then copy it manually to the Roon ssd in the nucleus+

i upload the file in a minute

thx again

1 Like

don’t understand that

the files are stored @ my workstation, external ssd there . there is a copy job with ccc every day, when there is new music, it will be copied to the internal Roon ssd in the nucleus+

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-convert-playlist-to-relative-path

1 Like

Thank you for that .
I just export the Mediathek , whatever xml that is …. Will take a look in the file later . :pray:

2 Likes

Hello all, this is the old iTunes Library.xml that works:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> Major Version1 Minor Version1 Application Version12.9.5.5 Date2022-07-25T16:51:08Z Features5 Library Persistent ID1386E0DFB33AD387 Tracks 8214 Track ID8214 Size8939588 Total Time249693 Disc Number1 Disc Count1 Track Number6 Track Count27 Year2017 Date Modified2019-04-24T04:19:49Z Date Added2017-06-01T16:08:44Z Bit Rate256 Sample Rate44100 Release Date2009-04-20T07:00:00Z Artwork Count1 Persistent ID5677EAFB90BFCAA4 Track TypeFile Purchased File Folder Count5 Library Folder Count1 NameJoe Si Ha ArtistTosca Album ArtistTosca AlbumNo Hassle (Bonus Track Version) GenreElectronic KindGekaufte AAC-Audiodatei Sort NameJoe Si Ha Sort AlbumNo Hassle (Bonus Track Version) Sort ArtistTosca Locationfile:///Volumes/iTunes%20HD/iTunes%20AZ/iTunes%20Media/Music/Tosca/No%20Hassle%20(Bonus%20Track%20Version)/06%20Joe%20Si%20Ha.m4a 8216

This is the file Mediathek.xml from the music app that does not work:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> Major Version1 Minor Version1 Date2022-09-22T14:20:18Z Application Version1.2.5.7 Features5 Show Content Ratings Music Folderfile:///Volumes/iTunes%20HD/iTunes%20AZ/iTunes%20Media/ Library Persistent ID1386E0DFB33AD387 Tracks 8051 Track ID8051 NameJoe Si Ha ArtistTosca Album ArtistTosca AlbumNo Hassle (Bonus Track Version) GenreElectronic KindGekaufte AAC-Audiodatei Size8939588 Total Time249693 Disc Number1 Disc Count1 Track Number6 Track Count27 Year2017 Date Modified2019-04-24T04:19:49Z Date Added2017-06-01T16:08:44Z Bit Rate256 Sample Rate44100 Release Date2009-04-20T07:00:00Z Normalization1175 Sort AlbumNo Hassle (Bonus Track Version) Sort ArtistTosca Sort NameJoe Si Ha Persistent ID5677EAFB90BFCAA4 Track TypeFile Purchased Locationfile:///Volumes/iTunes%20HD/iTunes%20AZ/iTunes%20Media/Music/Tosca/No%20Hassle%20(Bonus%20Track%20Version)/06%20Joe%20Si%20Ha.m4a File Folder Count5 Library Folder Count1 8053

hello all, unfortunately this post I only due for 2 days …
@ the moment answers from support need 2-4 weeks …

Roon & Nucleus+ … no comment needed .

Roon ARC does not work either .

Cool stuff .

rgds

hpb

Hello @Horst_P_Beck ,

Thank you for the screenshots and for your patience here, queues have been quite a bit longer since the 2.0 release, and your patience is appreciated.

I did have a chance to discuss your case with our QA team and we believe we know that the issue is here. The issue is likely in the naming of your XML file, for Roon to pick it up it either needs to contain itunes and end with .xml or be named library.xml.

We suspect if you rename Mediathek.xml to iTunesMediathek.xml then the import will work. Please let us know if this works!

worked .
Problem solved .
thx very much , that’s a big help .

1 Like