Waveform dissapears in App Sleep

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Prime Mini 4 running ROCK with Roon 1.7.571

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Core -> Ethernet -> Naim ND5 XS2 -> Cinch -> Onkyo TX-RZ 3100

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

see above

Description Of Issue

Running the app on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 with Android 9, when I leave the app in the background while I am in the songtext view and re-open it after some time, there is no waveform. I have to change the view to something else than songtext view to make it re-appear.

Hi @Rohangis_Mohseni,

Can you share a screenshot of what you see in the Roon app when this occurs?

Thanks!

Add images

The screenshot gesture is meddling with the menu function of the Roon app, so this is the best screenshot I got.

Hello @Rohangis_Mohseni, have you reinstalled the app on this remote to see if the issue still occurs?

I will try that.

I uninstalled and then re-installed the app. The problem persists.

Any idea what could cause the problem?

Hello @Rohangis_Mohseni, thanks for your patience. I spoke to the team about this and we would like to enable diagnostics for your devices and take a closer look. Could you please reproduce the issue one more time and reply here with a timestamp (your local time) when you do? From there, I’ll enable diagnostics. Thanks!

I tried to replicate the problem, but it does not appear. The only thing I changed was that I installed the latest updates after they were released. I am not sure, but maybe that already fixed the problem? Nevertheless, I will try to replicate it again.

Hello @Rohangis_Mohseni, well I’m glad things are working! If the issue does return, please do reply here with a timestamp and we’ll take a look!

2020-07-21T22:00:00Z

19:08 Berlin time

Hello @Rohangis_Mohseni,

I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core and the Tab S3 are active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

1 Like

Hello @Rohangis_Mohseni, the QA team took a look at your diagnostic report and asked if you could try to reproduce the issue when you’re close to the router. They’ve seen similar issues to this and recommended we test this in a better network environment.

1 Like

I don’t know how I could do that. I am using a FritzBox 7490 that is hanging on the wall of a closet. The wall is hollow, and next to it is the living room where I use the tablet (approx. 2.0m away). Next to the living room is my office (also only separated by a hollow wall). In the office, there is a meshed range extender (Fritz Repeater 3000) that is connected via LAN to the router. The extender is approx. 1.5m away from the tablet. If you want to, I can provide the signal strength.

My Wifi app shows me a nearly perfect connection at the spot where I am using the Roon app the most.

Hello @Rohangis_Mohseni, and thanks for trying that. Our QA team is aware of some situations where issues like this occur and reports that the issue seems to be triggered by environmental networking factors so you might have better success in a better networking environment. In the meantime, our QA team is investigating a more permanent solution for reports like these. Thanks again for your report!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.