We need to pay 12USD just for Roon but we cannot receive any help from them?

I want to understand a thing here.
I want to use Roon and my sound quality is low in comparison to streaming the same music from Tidal directly.
I tried to see if I can open a ticket at Roon.
What I see is that we need to pay a lot of money just to manage our music and the only help is from the community?
Am I right?
Thank you.

No, that is not correct. Roon Staff handle Support issues, but the Community assists.

If you have a Support issue, use the template provided when you open a Support thread to describe your setup and the issue.

1 Like

So the only way to receive help is via forums…
Well.
Interesting how a company works for their clients.

I have Volumio premium in a Mano Ultra MKII.
When using Roon, the sound is not as good as doing Tidal Connect with the same song.
Is there something to do or that Roon has inferior sound quality than tidal connect?

I don’t have volume control in Roon, nothing.
Just Tidal directly to Volumio.
Thank you.
Ilan.

Doesn’t sound like a support issue. If you prefer the sound of Tidal directly then listen to that.

2 Likes

Well, there’s no need to pay money for Roon. Do without it if you want to. But if you want to purchase Roon, support is from Roon staff, using the Forum as a communications venue.

Obviously I will use what sounds better but I wanted to use Roon for simplicity.
But if this the answer, so yes, I will ditch Roon.

I think that a company that want the support of their clients could treat their clients better.
It’s just a point of view.
In my business, the client is the most important person and we use a lot of resources for them.
If I need to ask million of people and receive ridiculous answers from them and not from the company that receives my money, this is a bit annoying.

It is what it is. Luckily, it’s all voluntary. If the way Roon works annoys one, one is free not to buy it!

1 Like

I get the impression you haven’t been around this forum for very long.

1 Like

I appreciate your point but I think you might be underestimating the power of crowd sourced support.

That said, the support team are extraordinarily busy right now due to the first major Roon update and, in my opinion, unnecessarily bogged down by users who have not followed provided instructions or are not providing the information necessary to resolve their issues.

Could you post a screenshot of your signal path?
That will help determine if there is something in your Roon settings that might be causing Roon to not sound its best.

Hey @Ilan_Dvash,

Roon Support is happy to help if you have a problem. The only support request I see for your Profile is a question about Spotify.

Did you need help with something else? If so just let us know, we’re happy to lend a hand

I asked other question directly to an email I received in the past.
But as I understand, I need to ditch Roon if it’s not my test as others said before.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.