Web Display on iOS 9.3.5 (pt. 2)

Core Machine (macOS 10.15.7/Mac mini (Late 2002)/Roon version 1.8 (build 763))
Network Details (Netgear Orbi RBR20 (WiFi))**
Audio Devices (N/A)

I am trying to repurpose an iPad 2 running iOS 9.3.5 to use as a “Web Display” for my streaming Roon content. I get the “roon” page on my iPad, but it never shows in the Displays menu as explained in (https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/displays#Web_Display). I’m guessing the Safari browser on my iPad is too old and that’s why it doesn’t show as a Chromecast device. Can you confirm that this is the problem

Attached are screenshots from the iPad and Roon Core.

I was of the belief that Roon would not run on an iPad 2…

Hey @Omar_Chaudhry,

Thank so much for posting about this and sorry about the delay in getting back to you :pleading_face:. I had hoped it was going to be much much sooner.

Your browser shouldn’t be an issue - Safari is supported for web display. According to the article you’ve linked, before the Now Playing information is displayed on your device, you do need to enable it:

You can do so once you click on the Volume icon and then select the screen icon. For further instructions, please see the article here.

@Chrislayeruk, here are the supported iOS devices as remotes. In this case @Omar_Chaudhry is simply using Safari on their iPad as a display, not running the Roon Remote app.

Please, let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.