Weird Tidal issue 1.7

Hi @support,

I’m having a strange Tidal issue since the 1.7 update.

On the Tidal page, new albums don’t load. Recommended and Master categories load just fine. Tidal albums show on the “Overview” page as expected.

I’ve restarted the Roon core (running on OSX 10.5.x) and logged in and out of Tidal with no change. I am located in the US.

I did notice a previous post about an issue that appears from August that mentions issues with the Tidal API, but that could not have been v. 1.7.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
BW

Hi @Bob_Worley,

Can you share a screenshot of exactly what you’re seeing on the TIDAL page?

What is the region for your TIDAL account?

I am located in the US

Thanks!

Thanks, @Bob_Worley — If you click the Refresh button in the upper-left do albums then load?

Nope.

What is really strange is that on the Tidal page, the “Recommended” and “Master” albums appear when those tabs are selected. The “New” and “Top 20” albums do not appear.

On the Overview page, Tidal albums in my library show up at the top of the page, but in the Tidal section near the bottom of the page, I see only Tidal playlists, no albums.

Qobuz is working as expected.

Nice update BTW!

Thanks, @Bob_Worley. Moving forward I’m hoping you can do the following:

1. Reboot your Core machine
  2. Launch Roon
  3. Open the TIDAL page
  4. Make a note of the time you open the page and see the failure message

With the timestamp above we will enable diagnostics so the team can take a look. Thanks!

OK, here we go. All times are US Central.

7:17 am, reboot headless Mac mini running Roon Server Core

7:18 am Roon Server starts

7:19 am Start Roon Remote on MacBook Air and navigate to Tidal page. Quick pink error message flashes, but too quick to read

Hope this helps!

BW

Thanks, @Bob_Worley. Diagnostics have been enabled.

While the team take s look, I’m hoping you could try clearing your cache and let us know if that helps. Please see the instructions below:

• Stop RoonServer on the Core
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and let us know if this helps

Library/Roon/Cache, OR, Library/RoonServer/Cache?

Apologies — RoonServer is what you’ll want to clear.

I’ve done that, now the scanning indicator is spinning and Roon is “Adding Music To Library”.

I’m going to let that process complete before I proceed further to check if anything has changed. I’ll be in touch once I have checked for changes.

I appreciate your help.

I’m assuming you mean 10.15.x as 10.5.x is no longer supported

@dylan

Clearing the Roon Server Cache seems to have done the trick. All appears normal now.

Thanks!

@wizardofoz

You are correct, I meant 10.15.x

After clearing the Roon Server Cache, all appears to be good. Roon team came through!

1 Like