Well, I tried... Roon Arc Unable to Connect

Roon Core Machine

Beelink Mini PC Computer GK55 Intel J4125 8GB DDR4 RAM 128GB SSD 4K@30Hz Dual HDMI 2.4G/5G WiFi, Dual Gigabit Ethernet, HDD Extension

Networking Gear & Setup Details

1. Who is your internet service provider?
    Fastel Digital (Internet |)
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
    Netgear Nighthawk AC2400
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    No
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    I can enable/disable VPN through my Laptop (ExpressVPN), but it isn’t tied to the Router

Connected Audio Devices

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“172.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

I have my MOCK connected to my Router via Ethernet Cable. It must be user error; despite trying to follow all the instructions in the guide, I cannot figure out what I’m doing wrong.

I’d contact them and ask if they are using cgnat and if so could you have an assigned ipv4 address

Hi @Jaxon_Peterson,

I would suggest you create a manual port forwarding.

First in the Roon App under Settings → Roon Arc write down the ip address and port number shown there.

Then, take a look at the video below.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maarten.

1 Like

Hey there! I tried doing a manual port forward, and it still didn’t work. I’m reaching out to my ISP today.

Thank you! I messaged them today to find out.

It looks like I can get a static IP address for $19 extra a month :sweat_smile:
Hopefully, it will resolve the issue.

2 Likes

Hi @Jaxon_Peterson,

We wanted to check in here to see if you’d had any success with ARC as some time has passed. We’re here to assist if you’re still stranded by the carrier-grade NAT in place by your ISP.

Thank you for checking back in with me. Having a static IP address costs me $20/month, but it is currently worth it. If a solution allows me to save that extra $20, I’d happily take it!