"... We're ready. RoPieee is RUNNING ..."

Thank you again for all of your help! Things just didn’t seem quite right and I’d tried nearly everything to fix it. So, I took Jim’s advice and just re-flashed. That seemed to do the trick. The display is back up and running, and I can see the extension in Roon. Very weird! I’m glad it’s working now though.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Hi, I seem to have the same problem on my raspberry pi 3 with the screen too. I will have a look at the extension thing, and if not I will reflash the sd card and see if that works. I will get update once I have tried it out to help others if they are in the same boat.

Cheers

Ash

@Asheesh_Sharma , do make sure you reboot your core as a first step, as many, many recent issues relate to the Roon 1.8 update (RoonBridge did not change).

Hi Nathan, thanks for the info. Yes I tried that a few times, always have to use the old ‘turn it off and on again’ approach when things don’t seem to work.

Tried re-enabling the extension, rebooting etc but sill have the problem. Also noticed that my roon server applciation on my Win10 PC is running real slow too, it takes ages o start up. Not sure if 1.8 is more of a system drain than before? The PC in question is mega old though, I think it is a core i7 920 back from 2008ish! I will have a good play around and see what I can do to make it work and get back.

Cheers!

Ash

Just for information sake, would you submit feedback (on the Advanced tab) and post the identifier? It may be useful to know why this seems to happen occasionally, but I suspect the problem is on the server side unfortunately.