What are we listening to - Topic Per Month Request

Would it be a good idea to set this topic up per month?
There are some exceptional suggestions over here, but sometimes at a rate that is quite challenging to explore them all.
There are now already more than 700 suggestions in the month of January.
I would appreciate to start a new list beginning of next month. Far less scrolling around, and once explored a month completely, you do not need to revisit.
Looking forward to your opinions.
Dirk

1 Like

Hi @Dick_Vliek, thereā€™d still be the same number of unread posts, just in many many topicsā€¦
I see little advantage.

When youā€™re done with a month youā€™re done with it instead of having to navigate a perpetual never ending list.

Uhh this is not for me I guess!

It has nothing to do with reading the posts, it is about finding them back.
If there are e.g. 30 suggestions in 1 week that I feel I would like to take a listen to, there are probably 20 more before I am done with the first 30.
And I do not know how to tag these posts as to be explored, added to library, not interested in, ā€¦
I.e I have to go through the list again, based on date of the latest post I was interested in.
In fact, these is the user way of ā€˜Roon Recommended For Youā€™ .
Dirk

Seems like a very good idea. Start a thread tomorrow titled ā€œWhat are we listening to - February 2020ā€ and see what happens.

@Jazzfan_NJ,

Iā€™m not totally against this ā€¦ I just struggle to see any real benefit, esp. as there is a scrollbar (with dates) that can be used for fast navigation.

I also foresee that users will soon forget to create / maintain a new topic each month. In which case it would just default back to how it is now a long topic but only needs TLC once a year.

Why not setup a poll and canvas user opinion ā€¦ at present there are only 5 voices expressing an opinion ā€¦ that to me at least indicates that most are indifferent.

Youā€™re points are well taken and I suppose that the scrollbar can be quite useful. You did forget to mention that if you skip checking on the thread for a few days, the thread does open at your last unread post, which is also very useful.

Okay Iā€™m convinced, no need for a separate monthly thread. :smile:

1 Like

You can close this topic. As you said yourself, thereā€™s not that much interest in this topic anyway.
I will find my own workaround, as unfortunately, I have to do more and more with Roon these days.
Dirk

You could bookmark the individual posts that are of interest and get back to them that way. Itā€™s what Iā€™ve taken to doing

1 Like

The method that has been working well for me it to do a screen grab on whatever iDevice I am using, the screen grabs all sync to my photo library. Then I drop them into a folder and go through them at my leisure.

Itā€™s the easiest method I could come up with. It does mean I end up with a lot of screen grabs in my photo feed but that doesnā€™t really worry me.

1 Like