What are you drinking now? [Pair with music for double points]

A lovely kiwi sauvignon blanc, although it’s not my photo!

4 Likes

No music, Single point only :joy:

2 Likes

I was actually watching TV :hushed:

1 Like

Drinking hot chocolate and listening to Bare Trees by Fleetwood Mac.

4 Likes

3 expresso on ice with some Tonic Water and

3 Likes

Tonight my favourite Japanese Whiskey - Suntory Hibiki.

During that nice sip, Parov Stelar’s “All night” came out of my Guru’s.
Amazing pairing … Cheers and happy New Year’s Eve!

And during that I have purchased a lifetime Roon subtraction. Hooray …

9 Likes

Comparative tasting and comparative listening…

54c238ff4de7bb07f7dff721f0faab67bb4c2f9c_2_666x500

RoonShareImage-638082791417688480

RoonShareImage-637910025900284220

9 Likes

Which beer goes best with witch album?

I’d say the St. Bernardus Abt 12 with Walter Gieseking, and the Westvleteren with Vlado Perlemuter.

I am a practical man, and given that it would be logical to prefer the St. Bernardus Abt 12, because the Westvleteren is surrounded with so much mystique. Being slightly allergic to mystique, I was inclined to give the Abt 12 a head start. But after tasting them again (it has been years), I must admit I prefer the Westvleteren 12 just a tad. It’s a bit more pronounced and spicier than the Abt 12. A bit more complex and raisiny. Not much, and it’s just like music gear: would you pay 6 times as much for 1% improvement?

I’m glad I tasted the Westvleteren again, and I think it’s the superior one of the two, but in practice I will rarely buy it and enjoy the almost identical Abt 12.

3 Likes

I prefer the abt 12.

My son likes this one and all mine has run out so, needs must.

Keeping it local listening to

The Rats have been brickwalled tortured on CD (except very early ones) so this is the best place to get the Rats hits.

A great band but a bit smothered in Geldof’s charity work, so not as recognised as they should be (IMCO) (c= correct) :grinning:

.sjb

5 Likes

Get that lever beast in shot please!!!

Sure. Nothing about coffee. Just a hardcore juicer made in Israel. One that gets pomegranates done easily :wink:

4 Likes

Heavy seas impending doom 4 double hazy ipa.

Listening to “Shimmer”

2 Likes

No pictures, no points! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Troubadour Magma Belgian Triple IPA, paired with Television frontman Tom Verlaine.

5 Likes

@Grump you :imp: look how you made my coffee

3 Likes

Well that looks like something special! I’m glad if I can claim just 1% contributing to that. :wink:

Cheers, and enjoy that fantastic Waits song. Time to put on Bone Machine here. :smiley:

Edit: Now you’d never guess: Roon Radio puts on Tom Waits before I do! Hmmm… what to drink with it?

1 Like

That usually happens with Tom Waits, it is not About you :rofl:

Enjoy

2 Likes

Shall I?

7 Likes