What are you reading?

Pan right, and you’ve got my attention. :slight_smile: :tumbler_glass:

I’ve not had Scapa malt in a long time and I’ve certainly never had a 23yo. Sherry butt, too. I’m imagining what it must have tasted like…

That sounds like a fantastic road trip!

1 Like

The Glengoyne 21 is a very nice dram, not as good as the 25 that my father gave me for my 50th a couple of years ago, but still much in the same vein. Rich and heavily sherried.

It’s also the very first distillery that I visited with my wife, shortly after I left her astray by introducing her to whisky.

I still have the sheet of paper where she wrote her subjective scoring of all the different whiskies we tried that night including a ported Edradour that went into its cask in the year she was born :grin:

1 Like

Bringing it Back on topic.
Next one in the series.

2 Likes

Way too much online stuff for sure … :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

And always when in despair …

3 Likes

2 Likes

Quite a few left to go. I am on my third between space operas.

1 Like

Yes, I have another two after this ready to read, and then will have to have another buying spree to get the next half dozen in the series.

2 Likes

I liked it!

1 Like

Love River’s of London.
Have you read Paul Cornell’ London Falling?

1 Like

Thanks Ged, No I haven’t, but I have a backlog reading list that runs into hundreds of books on my Kindle.

But regardless I will check it out, as you can never have to many (Virtual) books to read, much like music listening

1 Like

The making of one of my favourite films

6 Likes

I bear no resemblance to that remark…
I clear my library out now and then or the hundreds become thousands

Docs of 9618 are books I’ve bought elsewhere than from the behemoth, converted to mobi (now e-pub) and sent via send to Kindle.

1 Like

Sadly I just don’t get to read as much as I used to or would like. Plus my son and wife are also avid readers so we have a few thousand books in the library, and we don’t use Kindle Unlimited, so it’s bought for life.

I know I should know better and occasionally I am thoroughly ashamed, but I plan on reading a lot when my retirement starts, honestly guvnor.

Added the First Paul Cornell book to my want to read list.

We Also have hundreds of physical books in the house that we are reviewing and no one wants their books going to a charity shop.

1 Like

1 Like

I have one word for you. Tsundoku.

5 Likes

TF4GT as I had never heard that word before, it gave me a breakdown right from my phone when I highlighted the word. Neat word :+1:t2:

I read lots of books, I just buy more than I can read :flushed:
But other Kindle owners on my account normally read them, so they are not generally unloved books :grin:

Be thankful that the list is electronic and on your Kindle. I have the problem that my list is physical books and I’ve run out of bookshelf space…