What DAC do you use with Roon? Please list make and model (and price if you feel like adding it) [2016 - 2021-03]

Totaldac d1 Server/Reclocker & d1 Dual DAC
Merging NADAC 2-channel
PS Audio DirectStream w/ Bridge II [waiting for Roon compatibility]
Lumin A1 [hoping for Roon compatibility]
MSB Select II [waiting for delivery; hoping for Roon compatibility]

Like another poster, I also use Roon with Airplay devices for casual listening.

1 Like

Merging+ NADAC = network addressed DAC. Allows me to connect the NAS on the network and connect to it over the network. By the end of the year I should have seven Roon listening stations across the house, all able to access the same music.

Your setup is similar to mine. I have my music on a Synology NAS, though.

Have you used HQ Player with the Sprout?

Lyngdorf TDAI-2170 USB connected with Aries LE (RoonReady)

IMac -> Marantz HD DAC1 -> Grado RS1

1 Like

Astell & Kern AK120 MkII in USB DAC mode from Windows PC

NAD M51 …using the HDMI input , very stable , nice sound

I am using a GRACE DESIGN m905 via it’s SPDIF input, from a UNIVERSAL AUDIO APOLLO Thunderbolt audio interface. Works a treat for all but DSD files, and for those I go direct into GRACE via USB.

Benchmark DAC1 Pre via USB to a 2009 Mac Mini with Intel core 2 duo running Mavericks

Yggdrasil with USB

1 Like

DSPEAKER Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core
y

fritzg: My music is also on a NAS (homegrown Linux server with an Areca RAID5 storage array). Music is accessed on the Mac Mini using NFS. I have not tried HQ Player.

Dan

iMac 5k + Roon -> RAAT over Ethernet -> Raspberry Pi 2 + IQAudio Pi-DAC+ -> HIFIMAN HE400S

Sounds great!

MYTEK Brooklyn. I store my songs on Seagate NAS, play by Roon on Windows 7 and control it with Roon APP on my GALAXY TAB S.

1 Like

Meridian Explorer2, wireless connection

Main system: Resonessence Invicta via USB
Second system: Oppo 105D via HDMI

HTPC on Devialet Expert 200 connected by Audioquest Coffee USB Cable

MSB Select 2 with renderer and Quad USB inputs

Twisted Pear Audio Buffalo II DAC…

Old configuration:
MacMini - > WaveIO USB Async -> I2S -> Buffalo II -> Legato -> Millennium XP Amp ->

Now running:
-> Raspberry Pi -> HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro -> I2S -> Buffalo II -> Legato -> Millennium XP Amp ->

Msb analog dac quad usb

1 Like