What DAC do you use with Roon? Please list make and model (and price if you feel like adding it) [2016 - 2021-03]

Auralic Vega G2 – direct connection to my Nucleus+. Sounds great (to my ears)…

1 Like

I have two new DACs replacing my beloved Lampizator Golden Gate 1.9 DAC :sleepy:

Lampizator Pacific DAC :heart_eyes:
and
Lampizator Golden Atlantic 2 (aka Tube Rollers Paradise) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Just received a SMSL SU-8 to put in place of the built-in DAC on my pre/pro. Excellent reviews for a $250 Chi-Fi device. My first one was DOA but this one is “seen” by Roon as a DAC. Set up includes XLR balanced outs to XLR ins on pre pro. No testing until tomorrow. Family here for ribs, not audio.

So far, so good with the SU8 through balanced outputs to balanced inputs. I will let it run on shuffle for several hours before I make any critical decisions.

MacBook Pro, USB to iRDAC2, Rega Brio, B+W CM5. Sounds incredible.

The DAC is a dream: ROCKNA Wavedream Signature Edition with Audiobyte Hydra Z reclocker

In total 10500 Euro

Unfortunately, Roon RAAT don’t support these devices complete. (DSD only with DoP, max DSD128)

With LMS & Squeezelite (Windows/Linux) this problem didn’t occrued.

Tell Mr. Jitaru to get the Linux patches written for his gear! Then you can have DSD direct like Windows.

You could always utilize a Windows based bridge i suppose? I sometimes use a Windows install on a headless old MacMini for the ASIO drivers and Native DSD256 to my Moon 430 HAD, as a Roon Bridge/endpoint. Works great! Cost minimal!

1 Like

I agree, for native DSD, a small Windows based bridge is a great way to go.

Irdac ii is a great DAC I kind of regret selling mine last year now as it would have been great for my new headphone fetish.

Two long sessions with playlists full of music I know very well have me convinced that the $250 Chi-Fi device – SMSL SU8 – does what I hoped. All hint of digital “glare” appears to be gone, the stereo image is much better with the new chips, the staging of the instruments has seriously improved. All in all, the SQ from my Nucleus to my speakers is better.

Original DAC was the built-in in my pre/pro with a 6-7 year old design. This one is a real improvement, at a price I can afford. Just heads up: the first one I ordered was DOA.

I thought I replied but don’t spot it.
Holo Audio Spring Kitsune’ edition level 3.
Can’t say enough good things about it, really an excellent component.

1 Like

Faithful to my Devialet Expert 200, streaming with Roon AIR (ethernet) from a NUC8i3BEH / Rock

1 Like

Hello, I’m new here. :grinning:

SB Touch > RME ADI2 (living room)
SB Touch > Audiolab M-DAC (bedroom)

1 Like

Using Oppo 205 DAC, ES9038PRO.

A surprisingly good combo, I would suggest using toslink with it to get it more electrically isolated:

And welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

A Falcon Northwest Tiki Windows 10 PC customized as dedicated music server, all SSDs, Nvidia cuda cores, running Roon and HQPlayer up-sampling to 24.6 Mhz, to W4S Recovery, to T+A DAC 8 DSD.

Nice computers, a bit pricey. They used to offer a granite base which I thought was cool.

Thank you, and I agree. Mine is a few years old and does have the granite base. Their newer machines are faster but mine still seems to work well. I re-configured the machine and dedicated it solely as a music server!

I think a well built PC can work very well as a music server and is ideal for use with the T+A DAC!

1 Like

Chromecast Audio, a poundshop belkin 3.5mm to phono cable, 20 year old Cambridge audio amp.
But, I’m sat in the garden with the sun shining and sunny music playing, circumstances can overcome difficiencies.

4 Likes