What DAC do you use with Roon? Please list make and model (and price if you feel like adding it) [2016 - 2021-03]

MERIDIAN Explorer 2

Msb analog dac

2 Likes

SBTouch (with EDO) > SPDIF (coax) > Rega DAC
SB3 Classic > SPDIF (coax) > WADIA 151 PowerDAC
No problems , perfect !

From my initial sign up around late november, a NAD M51, as of last wednesday a Gustard X20U

Lampizator L6
Auralic Aries
Regular mac for now
I pad remote

iFi iDSD Micro
HQ Player

main: Metrum Acoustic Menuet
headphone: iFi iDSD Micro
both via USB and with HQPlayer
Everything working great

PS Audio Directstreem
regen
jcat usb cable

Meridian 861v6 with ID40
Meridian MS200 x2
Meridian Control15
Meridian MC200
Meridian Prime

PS Audio Directstreem
Curious usb cable
Regen
Curious usb cable

ifi iDSD Micro
HQ Player

Devialet 200

via Mac Mini with totalDAC USB cable (currently testing Intona isolator, and additional Aqvox USB cable)

Main: Mac mini>AQ Jitterbug >AQ DragonFly>McIntosh C26>McIntosh MC 30s>Bose 901 (don’t diss unless you’ve heard it)

Secondary: AirPort Express>McIntosh MX113>Dynaco Mk IIIs>Rogers LS 3/5a

Home theater(x2): Apple TV 3

No HQ Player

Works great and sounds great, couldn’t be happier. Can’t remember the last time I used physical media.

Mytek Stereo192-DSD (via FireWire from Mac mini)
Using HQPlayer to upsample everything to DSD128

I have a Sonore Sonicorbiter SE on order. When that arrives, it’ll function (I hope) as an HQP NAA, and then connection to DAC will be via USB (Ethernet from Mac mini to SOSE).

Great topic! Mac mini -> Intona -> chord Hugo using audioquest diamond USB. Sometimes use hqplayer.

RasPi 2 + Squeezelite -> USB -> Devialet 120
RasPi 2 + Squeezelite -> USB -> Abbington Music Research DP-777
RasPi 2 + Squeezelite -> USB -> Oppo HA-1
RasPi 3 + RoonReady + IQAudio DAC+

And on my workbench, waiting for Roon 1.2 and RoonReady soft:

5V linear PS --> Raspi2 with Wifi - Squeezelite - HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro --> Little Bear P5 Tube Buffer -->> upgraded Antique Sound Lab MG-Head --> HD 800 (sounds better than HD800 on Oppo HA-1).

Can’t wait for 1.2 to appear. I sincerely hope it’ll be possible to get transport commands, status and now playing information from the raat audio binary, so I can make some pretty Roon transports with rotary encoder and OLED screen which will automatically switch my amps and preamps.

Devialet 200
With HQPlayer using acourate RC on Win10 PC along a generic 5m USB cable - because of the flaky Devialet Air performance!

Schiit Yggdrasil (Multibit) & Eastern Electric Supreme (ESS based DSD).

I prefer the Yggy’s native filters to HQ Player. However, when I use the EE Dac I use HQ Player and upsample to DSD.

1 Like

Has anyone got or heard an Audiolab M-DAC+? It’s on my shortlist principally because I have Audiolab 8200MB mono-blocks and the spec looks very good.

You might want to get yourself over to pinkfishmedia forum as there’s a big following there. :wink:

1 Like