What DAC do you use with Roon? Please list make and model (and price if you feel like adding it) [2016 - 2021-03]

MicroRendu > Nuprime HD-AVP

Pretty cool to see all the different configurations. Mine are as follows.

Living Room:
Synology DS1511 -> Roon Server (running on Sonic Transporter i5) -> Sonore Ultrarendu with an SBooster LPS (via Curious USB cable) -> Ayre QB9DSD ->Ayre AX7e -> Proac Response D28

I’ve also used the above setup with an Auralic Aries instead of the Ultrarendu and a pair of KEF LS50’s replacing the Proacs.

Headphones:
Synology DS1511 -> Roon Server (running on Sonic Transporter i5) -> Sonore Microrendu with an Uptone Audio Ultracap LPS-1 (via Curious USB cable) -> Ayre Codex -> Audeze LCD3 using a Cardas Clear Light balanced cable

I also use a pair of Sennheiser HD800’s occasionally instead of the Audeze phones (also with a Cardas Clear Light balanced cable)

I use Audioquest Cinnamon Ethernet cables throughout both setups

1 Like

The HD800 are your spares … :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Windows PC (Roon --> HQPlayer) --[USB]–> Accuphase DAC-40 card (in Accuphase E-250 integrated amplifier) --> Dynaudio Contour 3.4 LE speakers

Roon Servier: SonicTransporter i5

In the main listening room: Ultrarendu with Uptone LPS-1.2 > Brooklyn DAC+

Sonos throughout the rest of the house for casual listening

@mike_o_neill
I have to admit that’s kind of a crazy luxury. :smirk:

1 Like

Roon Nucleus:

-In main room connected directly via USB to Auralic VEGA or Streaming to Chord MOJO > Luxman L-550AX > Harbeth’s Super HL5 Plus

-In secondary room streaming to MacBook Pro > NAD M51 > Feliks Audio Elise and Violectric V281 > Sennheiser HD800, Audeze LCD2, Sony MDR-Z1R

QNAP-251 => network => Raspberry Pi -> USB -> Topping D50 (Main Room)
QNAP-251 => network => Raspberry Pi -> USB -> Topping D30 (Study)
QNAP-251 => network => Raspberry Pi -> I2S -> IQAudio Pro+ => IQAudioAmp (spare room)

Roon Core on Dell dual Xeon Windows server with iPad for remote,
Synology 4 drive NAS,
dCS Network Bridge w MQA,
Berkeley Audio Alpha Reference Dac w MQA

An addition to my collection of DACs that gets regular use! (The Hugo, the Mojo has been in constant use for about a year)

2 Likes

Main system is Naim Uniti Atom feeding QAcoustics 2050i it’s a native all on one streamer,DAC and amp love it.

2nd system irDac iI with a Pi3 and Hifiberry Digi Pro and active QAcoustics. I have to say it gives the main system a run for its money.

Core is on i3 running vortexbox 2.4

Buffalo III from Twisted Pair Audio. USB connected to a Mac Mini where I recently started using Roon Server. Have to say I’m impressed! Was using Audirvana previously.

Chord Hugo2. Roon’s DSP Engine disabled. Roon’s Audio Analysis disabled. Storage 2TB USB SSD. IMO Roon’s playback is at a high standard, except for a minor Pause/Play button issue.

1 Like

At the core - my desktop iMac I am using an objective DAC manufactured by Mayflower Electronics ——> the Alex Cavalii Hybrid Tube Amp. In the living room I listen to loudspeakers via the Oppo Digital HA-1 as a preamp and sometimes as a headphone amp. But I am considering removing the HA1 back to my desktop if I can find a good preamp because I also use the Oppo Digital BD 105 as a DAP as well as a DAC, In the bedroom i listen to music through the Roon remote on my MacBook Pro ——> SMSL M8——>iFi iCan headphone amp.

IQaudioDAC+/Amps, Chord Mojo and a Meridian Explorer. Thinking of replacing the Explorer with a Chord Qutest soon. All fed from Pi endpoints.

1 Like

Berkeley Audio Alpha Dac Reference Series MQA

3 Likes

Nucleus+
iPad Air 2 Roon control point
Lounge : Linn KDS/3
Kitchen : Linn Sneaky DS
Office/Study : iMac (2017)
Garden : iPad Air2/UE Boom2 (pair)

Just fired up my Emotiva DC-1 while it maxes out at 24/192 its still a nice piece of kit - value for money when I got it and it has the matching SP-1 RCA input selector and Phono Pre

1 Like

I have this DAC. It can function as a pre-amp, but I don’t think it has a phono stage.

Nice DAC, but I am thinking of upgrading.

The phono stage is in the SP-1…it’s a nice pair…and there is now a PA-1 monoblock with matching formfactor.

1 Like