What DAC do you use with Roon? Please list make and model (and price if you feel like adding it) [2016 - 2021-03]

Built-in dac Bluesound Powernode 2 (living room) and ifi Micro iDSD for headphone rig. I also use the excellent LG G7 ThinQ for mobile Roon use at home.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing with/testing several Pi HAT DACs over the past couple of years. My main listening rig sports - for now - an external Topping D50 (ES9038Q2M). And that is connected via USB from a RoPieee endpoint.

Other HAT DACs I’ve used are; ApplePi (latest - just arrived yesterday! Thx Leo), Terra-Berry DAC+, Audiophonics V3 I-Sabre ES9023, HiFiBerry, IQAudio and MamboBerry. Pretty much everything Pi-based. Yeah, I know it’s overkill. How else would I have heard about Roon!

Rick

1 Like

QNAP NAS -> R-PI 3B+ with Pro-ject pre-box S2 digital (-> Yamaha A-S2100 amp) is my main zone setup.

I sometimes also use another R-PI3B+ with Audioquest dragonfly red. The dragonfly mostly gets used in my car however with an iPhone.

Innuos zenith as roon Core and ayre dx5 dsd via USB

Updated now
1st System - Naim Uniti Atom
2nd System - Arcam iRDac II
3rd System - HifiBerry Amp+
4th System - HifiBeryy Amp 2

2 Likes

I use my old reliable Wyerd4Sound DAC-2 (with Allo DigiOne) and have added Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital (with Allo USBridge). I keep my Meridian Explorer² for MQA comparisons with the Pro-Ject.

Anyone on Roon using EMM labs DA2 or Meitner MA-1?

I am curious how well it handles switching from different sample rates when playing an eclectic radio mix?

My Benchmark DAC 3 switches instantly no matter what you throw at it - never loses the start of a new track and never ever pops or clicks - ever. My previous DAC had some sync delay and now that I am living without any delay I don’t think I could go back to that…

I hope I am not bothering you but wondered if you would share your experiences?

Which DAC from EMM labs have you tried?

I read somewhere that Schiit Yggdrasil is a favourite for you and I see you have tried more DACs than most. Any other favourites?

Is it correct to assume your main system and tests is with your ATC 100ASLT and what preamp were you using?

Just curious as to what you find works best with ATC.

Just saw this, you’re halfway there !!

Merdian Ultra—( ID 41)—Mac mini

1 Like

how would it work with a mac?

I have a Chord TT feeding ATC SCM40 actives. Sounds fantastic!

TT2 and Hugo M- Scaler arriving soon

5 Likes

MSB Reference DAC with the new Streaming Input Module. Data is on a Innuos ZENith SE. Connected via Ethernet.

My Roon Core is on an iMac and I use a combination of DAC’s depending on output amp (or not): RME ADI-2 Pro, Mytek Manhattan II via network card and a Dragonfly Red.

Is anyone running an RME ADI-2 DAC with a Raspberry PI 3B+?

If so, any issues/limitations with Roon of note? Sample rate switching comes to mind? I also believe it cannot support device volume?

I would love to hear your impressions with and without the M-scaler. I’m considering one myself but no dealer around has any for me to lend any time soon.

Hi Quaerit,

I spoke to the Chord Guys yesterday at the Festival of Sound in London.

Silver TT2’s and M-Scalers are starting to ship. Black, which i’ve ordered, will be very soon.

I will of course report back once in and settled.

4 Likes

iMac Core, Bryston BDP-pi, Mytek Liberty, Hegel H-80 integrated.

Matrix X sabre pro2

A post was split to a new topic: Is there a Roon ready DAC with an instrument input