What DAC do you use with Roon? Please list make and model (and price if you feel like adding it) [2016 - 2021-03]

Is anyone running an RME ADI-2 DAC with a Raspberry PI 3B+?

If so, any issues/limitations with Roon of note? Sample rate switching comes to mind? I also believe it cannot support device volume?

I would love to hear your impressions with and without the M-scaler. I’m considering one myself but no dealer around has any for me to lend any time soon.

Hi Quaerit,

I spoke to the Chord Guys yesterday at the Festival of Sound in London.

Silver TT2’s and M-Scalers are starting to ship. Black, which i’ve ordered, will be very soon.

I will of course report back once in and settled.

4 Likes

iMac Core, Bryston BDP-pi, Mytek Liberty, Hegel H-80 integrated.

Matrix X sabre pro2

A post was split to a new topic: Is there a Roon ready DAC with an instrument input

La Dom - How do you like the W4S dac ? I am using the 10th Anniversary Dac and really like it. No MQA support however :frowning:

Hi Thomas,

Now I’m using the 10th Anniversary like you.
I really appreciate it. Concerning MQA support I’m afraid that it will never support it. But it is not a great problem for me :wink:

Changed my DAC four weeks ago to a PS Audio Directstream. Came with software version Red Cloud. Now running the new Snowmass software. Made another huge step. Very happy with this setup.

3 Likes

I’m playing around with my Mirus Signature Pro again.

@Philipp_Schaefer

What DAC did you use before?

Are there any pops or clicks between tracks of different format or different sample rate? Lots of complaints about this on forums in the past.

The PS Audio Directstream has only about 17 bits resolution and the passive output transformer probably contributes to the poor linearity (harmonic distortion) at low frequencies. However, these short comings technically may be one of the reasons it sounds so much like analog. John Darko says recent firmware updates and especially Huron made dramatic changes making the DAC less analog and more digital?

Would be interested in your views? (Especially because you use ATC 50 as I have the 150)

I’m playing around with Bimby and Gumby, love the reasonable priced products of Schiit. Also have the Fulla somewhere.

Bimby = Schiit Bifrost Multibit (Gen 2 or 3 USB)
Gumby = Schiit Gungnir Multibit (Gen 5 USB)

La Dom

Me neither! It is built into Roon anyway so not really missing it on the Dac side. EJ is not a big fan anyway especially since the additional cost he would have to charge for the Dac!

Thanks for your timely response.

Best,

Tom

Ha, Le_Dom -

Do you know by chance if Roon got rid of the Alphabet bar on the 1.5 build? I can seem to find it in the settings where it used to be?? I really liked that tool !

Thanks for the help

Cheers,

Tom

In Artists, look at the bottom left corner

No I didn’t know how to do but thanks to Chris we now how to do now…
Many thanks to him… :grinning::+1:

1 Like

Anyone eyeing up the new NAD C 658?

Yea, I have my eye on it. It looks very interesting.

Schiit Yggdrasil (Analogue 2 Version).

Schiit Gumby in the living room. Fed by an Allo Digi One, leading into Buchardt S300 mk2. Poly Mojo for IEMs and some Cans. Audio GD R2R 11 and Meridian Explorer in the Office.

1 Like