What happened to Roon staff’s nice jellyfish logos?

I just get used to things, @mike should be a green jellyfish not a blank grey head and body splurge.

No one asked my permission about this.

.sjb

4 Likes

78th sign (so far this month) of the apocalypse?

3 Likes

Yesterday, when I tried to log on to Roon, there was some message about the forum software having an error.

Ever since then there have been anomalies, e.g. clicking on someone’s avatar just shows a blank for a picture, I’m getting notifications about badges that have already been granted, some notifications I should get are not showing up, going into a thread doesn’t always set the outstanding posts for that thread back to zero, etc., etc…

1 Like

Ditto …

I’m guessing there’s been some storage instability on the Forum hosting service. I’ll go see what I can find out.

1 Like

I just earned my first quote apparently…

1 Like

Likewise on my “First Quote.”

Forum software has been a bit quirky the last couple of days, Slow loading, avatars missing…

2 Likes

Me too! I was just going to start a thread about this so glad I read this one first. I have just had two ‘First Quotes’ in quick succession and I’m not exactly new to quoting stuff.

1 Like

My First Quotes are out of control too, quick run for the hills.

Same here. My first quote :sleeping:

Just noticed posting this - My Avatar is missing in action also.

–MD

Forum is still screwed up.

Here’s a new one - when one clicks on a Like in a post, to see who liked it, no avatars show up.

Also, glacially slow.

Oh yeah, here’s another. As of 10 minutes ago, my avatar, at the top of the page, and its attendant drop down list are missing.

Nope. I take that back. The avatar is there, it’s just invisible.:laughing:

The forum is really under the weather at the moment, and has been for the past couple of days. Hope that the root cause is found and rectified soon…

At Noon, EST, I got an error 500 with a completely white screen containing the following messages -

"The software powering this discussion forum encountered an unexpected problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Detailed information about the error was logged, and an automatic notification generated. We’ll take a look at it.

_No further action is necessary. However, if the error condition persists, you can provide additional detail, including steps to reproduce the error, by posting a discussion topic in the site’s feedback category."_

Same error I got a coupla days ago. Also earlier this morning, I got some message complaining an icon file was missing.

Trying to get on from my iPad gives me a 505 error, Gateway not found.

So the forum’s down. Definitely not the end of the world, but WTF.

I first saw the 500 errors 11 days ago, as did others.

Yeah, not the fault of the Roon lads. It a problem with whoever is hosting their web services, obviously.

Still, if this has been going on for 11 days, to many people, then Roon needs to start cracking the whip.

working on it…

4 Likes

and it’s all back.

5 Likes