What has the Roon team got us for Christmas....?

Oeps, sorry did not want to annoy you off course!

Don’t worry, I’m not dangerous :wink:

I’m happy to forego Qobuz for their arrogance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s too bad :frowning:
Because it could increase the attractiveness of the roon.
One year will easily pass away, experimentation get bored.
And content will matter…

It won’t be a fatal blow to Roon. It will just be market place churn. And it also needs to be pointed out that Tidal isn’t a bad service. Just not to everyone’s taste in terms of content and maybe who owns it.

At the end of the day the bottom line is Tidal agreed to work with Roon, Qobuz did not. They like what Roon does enough to want to emulate it. But despite that it doesn’t look as if they are willing or able to commit the resource to make that happen. It is them with their fingers in their ears and hands over their eyes so perhaps you need to direct your ire towards them.

Finally fix the Shuffle Algorithm?

5 Likes

True, and it could just as well increase the attractiveness of Qobuz. In fact I’m sure it would. I know for sure a lot of Roon users would join Qobuz instantly.

But the Qobuz management uses the same old dinosaur-like reasoning the big music labels used until they finally killed their own sales with it: we want to control every bit and each and every part of the chain ourselves.

Qobuz just sees Roon as a big potential threat. That’s why they developed their own crappy “Roon” app. That’s why they censor the part on their site where users can leave suggestions. Very 2017 — not. Too bad for them.

4 Likes

Ive been forced down a route to subscribe to Qobuz, as Tidal just wasn’t stable enough for me for consistent listening.

I do regret that, a lot, but I am enjoying glitch-free listening by contrast, despite the lack of Roon interface, with Qobuz. Perhaps not surprisingly, the ability to actually listen to the music uninterrupted, without stops and glitching and on all of my devices is the main priority above all.

Icing on the cake with qobuz is that the recommended new releases are actually quite good :slight_smile: - and not Rap-biased.

The downside with Qobuz (apart from the obvious lack of Roon interaction) is that the editorials are in French. Not sure if they have an English option but I ain’t found it yet.

Mobile streaming is a long way off, isn’t it?

Sadly, we cannot sub to Qobuz here in the states.

@Rugby ‘sadly, we cannot sub to Qobuz here in the states.’

Have you tried a VPN? You can ‘put’ yourself anywhere on the planet. I use https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com picked up a lifetime sub for song a few years ago.

I haven’t tried Qobuz but I’m impressed with the available bandwidth to most of Europe.

Hi Daniel,

It is coming by all accounts:

Whatever Roon has got us for Christmas, from all the excited chat and hints on the forum, it appears to be coming very soon! And I for one can’t wait! Merry Christmas Roon team!

It sounds like the updated random play functions are part of an imminent release. Sometimes, this can feel like a whole new collection of music. Looking forward to it!

1 Like