What I would have liked in Roon 1.7

my thumb aches scrolling through artists and albums on iphone (still)

Seriously?

Anyone know the latest status or roadmap with Dirac integration?

For me mobile acces as well. I would love that.

2 Likes

Mobile access, for sure. Access through VPN would be enough for the start.

3 Likes

Progressive Rock Genre would be nice.

I do like the improved look of Discover, but at times I do wish I could filter Discover on Albums, Artists or Composers.

I think there is a Prog sub-genre under Pop/Rock. You can promote it to a root genre if you prefer.

Thanks! I should gave kept digging.

1 Like

Great that we can see the icons for the audio devices and select a device if not done automatically. In the Roon 1.7 (build 500) release there was no device type for my new awesome Cocktail Audio HA500H DAC with tube analog section is not an option. Is this device Roon Tested? Will it be added to a future build?

1 Like

Add my support for a mobile solution. As an interim step that avoids the difficulty of streaming personal files from home servers, at least give us the ability to access the content of our libraries when out and about and play the streaming content (or the streaming service version of an album).

Have a side order of JRiver?

Plays ISO and Cue Flac direct …

Once again sad that no fix for big box sets

The all tracks tab works partly I suppose but why stop at 200 tracks, many boxes go way beyond that

Also there is no filter on that view, it would help if there was the ability to open the Box and filter for “composition X”

1 Like

my topten

1. remote access
  2. better boxset options (albums in a boxset to be viewed as single albums, with specific credits…)
  3. a performers page. not only primary artists… i want to see ALL performers, exactly as i can see all COMPOSERS.
  4. a one-click track credits view. now you have to open a credits window track by track. no way to have a one look inspection…
  5. an easy way (automatic on folder basis?) to add MORE artists pictures. not only one.
  6. an alarm/automatic stop/sleep function.
  7. on tablet, the possibility to enlarge/zoom album art.
  8. a better way for grouping/ungrouping zones. and the possibility to switch on/off devices in a grouped zone without stop music on the others
  9. the possibility to HIDE production roles by default. these roles are in general release dependent (liner notes, etcetc) but in 90% of the cases they do not correspond with the actual RIPPED CD (id est, the album is identified with another similar but not identical realease). so all these credits are actually a useless and distorted piece of information.
  10. a TRUE MERGING option. when you merge artists now, you actualy erase one in favor of the other. it becomes a problem when the 2 artists have different but both important infos (web links for one artist, grous member the other, and so on…)
  11. (i said top 10…) a link between a.k.a. connected artists…
1 Like

I do that.
Still to have it all in one package is my goal

Agreed, I maintain 2 systems to support DLNA, also my big boxes

Not ideal

And then I never really understood why an integration of SACD ISO support would be sooo difficult to do. Even one man shows like Audirvana offer that feature.
So I hope…

1 Like

Better album recognition. It is terrible. When there is a new album, there are no works and no time from the album data provider. Terrible, because there is no recognition then.

Two things.

1. The data provider must supply correct data.
  2. Roon should find other means of recognition.

Hello, I understand all the limitations of the current interface and the idea why it is graphic. However, I expect blind people to support it - something like the Web Controller but built into the Roon Server. Availability very much needed.
Regards Robert Tota

For me everthing works fantastic now with 1.7
Only as it possibility for a deezer integrate :+1:
Now I am play from qobuz and tidal or my own cd’s.
I’m happy with Roon :notes::violin:

First, congrats on what IS in 1.7. Nice job.

My biggest disappoint re what isn’t in is so tiny that I hope maybe you might consider it so small to be allowed in a dot-dot release and perhaps we might get a few of those to patch any bugs that inevitably probably slipped through 1.7.0 testing.

My wish is the ability to configure the hamburger menu. At its simplest just a new section in Settings, perhaps called something like “Menu” that had a list of “Overview”, “Genres”, “Discover”, … “Settings”, “Support”, “Community” - i.e. an entry for each item currently on the main hamburger menu - and a toggle next to each one to say whether you want that menu item displayed or not. (I put “Settings” in there just for completeness but that one you’d either not want to list or else have its toggle greyed out or absent because if you disabled it how could you ever get to settings again?!)

That would be the simplest first implementation that just maybe you might feel able to slip into a dot-dot release. Ultimately something a bit more sophisticated with a drag-list to allow reordering would be nice and some thought would need to be given re the current “Browse”, Library" and “User’s Stuff” section titles e.g. what happens to them if a user hides all of the menu items within a section or perhaps the user wants to put everything in one big list without any splitting up into sections. Anyway, that could all be for a later release but the really simple ability to hide certain menu items to make the menu compact enough to fit on an iPad screen in landscape mode without scrolling would be great.

I suppose it’s a testament to Roon that my single biggest wish now is so trivial.

2 Likes