What if I own two houses, both with their own NAS + streamer?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook Air in one house; iMac in the other house.
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

In both houses an entry level Synology NAS; not powerful enough to run Roon on it
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Linn akurate in both houses
Description Of Issue

I think I need to create two Roon Cores for each house if I want to have Roon direct music on the NAS to the Linn streamer in the same house. My subscription however says that I can’t create more than one core. Is that right? What do I need to do if I want Core on my MacBook for one house en Core on my Ipad for the other one? By the way: I don’t travel with the macbook, so it stays in one house.

You can install core at both places, deactivate one core and activate the other, back and forth as needed.

You cannot run the Core on your iPad.

Only problem is the two cores won’t be in sync. If you want your library and settings to stay synced up, you will need to do a backup to a USB drive and then a restore from the USB drive to your core at the other location.

Hello @Stijn_van_Wely and welcome to the community! Your license is for one concurrent core, but when you go to log into your second core with your username, you should be given a prompt to deauthorize your other core and use the one you’re on instead. So unless you want both cores running at the same time, no need for more licenses!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.