What is happening when I loose core connection

Every now and then my iPad mini looses connection with my Roon core. When it happens I usually need to quit the Roon app on the Ipad and re-start it. I’m trying to figure out what could be the cause ? AFAIK, the wifi connection is only within my household, between my MacPro and Ipad, so it wouldn’t be any weirdness with a temporary Comcast interruption, right ?

Thanks for reaching out, @dan_baldwin!

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

How often would you say this happens? Are there any patterns you’ve noticed in this behavior? Does it happen while you’re using the app or does it happen once the device wakes from sleep?

Thanks,
Dylan

Thank you.
Ethernet by Comcast. Wifi by Eero repeaters. My setup is Roon core on a MacPro 2013 --hardware described in screen shot.
Music library is on a SSD attached to MacPro. MacPro is ethernet hardwired. End point is Lumin D2 and is ethernet hardwired. iPad mini running IOS 11.4.1

The loosing core situation doesn’t not occur often (less than once a day) and doesn’t seem to follow any pattern. It is not associated with waking up. I was just curious how it could happen.

Thanks for the update here, @dan_baldwin!

This may be a temporary drop in network connection on one of the devices, causing the remote not to be able to reach the Core.

Do you have any other remote devices? Does this occur on them as well?

Thanks,
Dylan